Who makes the best freeze dried food?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thewarning

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
There's a lot of different brands out there. Who makes the best freeze dried food for blood worms, mysis shrimp and tubifex worms? Any companies I should avoid?

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Personally, I like San Francisco Bay brand froz foods. There seems to be lesss waste when I use this to feed.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Hikari and Omega One are both excellent

Daveunkefer

AC Members
Mar 12, 2013
Murrells Inlet SC
Real Name
Dave Unkefer
i tried to buy the 'freeze dried krill superba' off of there. they are out.. =(

but they do have great prices!
but! its countered by shipping of course.

I ended up getting a half pound of freeze dried krill off of ebay with free shipping.
but the actual site it is from is -
yourfishstuff.com

But i would recommend kensfish.com, not from experience, but from seeing the fact that everyone recommends it. not just on here. but all around forums everywhere, at least if you are looking for bulk food.

end ramble.

tdiggs

AC Members
Feb 3, 2013
+1 for San Francisco Bay and Omega One brand. I have the freeze dired bloodworms from the former and some kelp flakes from the later. They devour both foods (literally attacking it, like a dog attacks a rope toy and tosses it in his mouth). I have no doubt the Omega One makes a good freeze dried food, albeit I have never used it yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store