Who/What Did This To My Betta's Tail?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thatbettaglo

AC Members
Jun 25, 2009
Florida
Did you add any sharp plants or ordaments> I have to file all new decorations and be really selective with my betta, and Its proubably not the danio, I have my betta with three and they NEVER bother him. They are great tank mates.

lookit

AC Members
Jun 9, 2009
OK
"Hey now! In the Human Species women fight their own tails- especially when trying to fit into last years jeans."

Good one Wycco!! :rofl:

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
Tail-biting isn't just something badly-cared for stressed bettas do. It pops up in a very wide range of situations, often with no apparent cause. Sort of like a mild mental illness in fish.
I wold separate him from all of his tankmates (neons have been known to nip bettas too, although not as often) and see if he improves before assuming he's just a tail-biter though.

jooranda

AC Members
May 18, 2009
uk
aw danios are gettin bad press here i think they nice fish an mine are atm in a tank with a fantail goldie an they all live in peace

minka-1974

AC Members
Sep 15, 2009
Surrey, England
dundadundun "maybe it's me but his color seems to be fading too."

I thought that too ...looks a totally different colour although i guess that could be different lighting.

my vote is that the danios are responsible ... while they are cute little guys they do whizz around so maybe he is getting spooked by them and damaging the fins rushing off rather than the danios actually biting him? Just a thought :eek:) Hope he is feeling better soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store