Why do all of my fish stay at the bottom of my aquarium?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vaheelsfan

AC Members
May 23, 2003
Stuarts Draft, VA
Visit site
Well, the glowlights and black neons went into a 15 gallon tank. I ended up having a dozen rummynose, the 2 pictus, 2 rams, and 2 four inch angelfish a friend wanted to get rid of in the tank when I got a case of ich that ended up killing off everything but one of the angels. It showed up a couple weeks after the last of the rummynose and the angels were added, so I'm not sure which it came from. If I'd been smart I would've been more patient and quarantined them in the 15 then switched everything around. Also I would've been smarter to use salt instead of a chemical medication. I used it in a half dose of what was recommended but the pictus and rams didn't last long after it was introduced and the rummynose soon followed :( The glowlights ended up staying near the bottom of any tank I put them in, guess that's just what they liked. As the rummynose school grew they became more comfortable with swimming around the tank an would pretty much go back and forth an from top to bottom. They really are a nice schooling fish, I wish I'd been smarter with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store