will 2 kribs eventually pair off if i only get 2

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Raithan Ellis

I'm only crabby due to lack of beer
Jan 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
www.flickr.com
My male and female krib have had several large spawns, not too long ago she decided to go on an aggression spree torwards the male. I have not had any spawns since, however she still curls her belly torwards the male... but man is she a meanie. *crosses fingers*

Personally, with angelfish, I find every so often the rotation of mates seems to help aggression on particular fish.

Best of luck!

Regards,
Raithan O. Ellis

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
Kribs.

Kribs like most cichlids need a selection to choose from to begin mating. Granted you may get lucky but chances are for the male to choose a mate you will need at least a couple of more females in the tank.

Once they pair off you will have to remove the other none chosen females.

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
I got two little babies from my lfs when they were soo teeny tiny. Impossible to sex them at that age. Anywho, i ended up with one male and one female and all has worked out great. A couple times after spawning they get mad at each other and ignore the babies. I don't know why they do this, it makes me kind of angry. But then in a few days they get back together and start at it again.

edit: I've read that if another fish eats the babies and the spawn is lost, the fish will blame one another for loosing the spawn and thus a fight will break out. Male will chase female or vice versa.

If you are selecting from sexable fish, i would reccommend picking out two that look like they have paired up. If you can't, try out two fish that look compatible (ie- not fighting) and hope for the best. If there isn't any compitition in the tank though i don't see why they wouldn't just go for it with each other.

Last edited:

prerunnedyota

AC Members
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
sorry to steal the thread but wat type of fish in is that in iluvmykribs icon i love that coloration:p

prerunnedyota

AC Members
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
O haha i looked under species profile and it had the same shape but not the same coloration lol had a feeling thats wat it was thnx

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store