Will these pc parts be good?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
i'd ditch the liquid cooling for eternity, personally. i'd replace it with a 750 watt antec or similar power supply.

you'll probably have that power supply for near a lifetime and it'll do you quite well unless you start daisy chaining GPU's.

the liquid cooling on the other hand is way expensive and nearly useless.

i like that nzxt case, personally because of the e-sata port. for an extra couple dollars over a budget case, it's a good purchase that can be utilized for years to come.

a little tip with AMD processors... regardless what line you're looking at, always try to get the black box version. they're always more stable, better performers and more capable of over clocking.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
i'd ditch the liquid cooling for eternity, personally. i'd replace it with a 750 watt antec or similar power supply.

you'll probably have that power supply for near a lifetime and it'll do you quite well unless you start daisy chaining GPU's.

the liquid cooling on the other hand is way expensive and nearly useless.

i like that nzxt case, personally because of the e-sata port. for an extra couple dollars over a budget case, it's a good purchase that can be utilized for years to come.

a little tip with AMD processors... regardless what line you're looking at, always try to get the black box version. they're always more stable, better performers and more capable of over clocking.

That is the unlocked one of the fx series of chips. I dont plan to over clock it much unless I get some sort of after market cooler, still, Probably to like 3.6 or 3.8 if I could manage that and make it stable. Tiger direct/comp usa (local) didnt really have much for amd 6 cores (idk if many exist at all anyway).

So my plan is

the amd processor (not the apu)
the asus mobo
whatever dvd burner they have in stock at the store under $30 (or I could steal the one out of this computer for a while)
the nxzt case (I like the looks more and I dont need a high air flow case) (or whatever case I choose that they have in stock at the store. I dont think that one is available in my area)
Whatever ram they have in stock at the store (nothing low end though)
someone on rctech suggested this psu
http://www.compusa.com/applications...ffiliateID=je6NUbpObpQ-sDeAzB4vXkqaDmfoZtB9lg

And I have no idea which gpu.

Here are the options so far
http://www.compusa.com/applications...CmtB5ObkkzCjCVqHCjCdwwp&cpncode=30-28025407-2

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...CmtB5ObkkzCjCVqHCjCdwwp&cpncode=30-28025506-2

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1078875&CatId=7005

The top one being the one the person on rc tech linked.

This thread is moving a LOT faster on rctech so here is a link to the thread over there. I kind of act a bit differently over there than I do here because there are people that just go in to mess with the thread and stuff. Oh, the link is to page 2 and there is some other stuff on page 1.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lounge/598341-will-make-good-pc-2.html

Thanks for the input guys! I may know how to build the computer, but I am still a noob to choosing components that I want and stuff.

Edit: dun, I thought I mentioned that I decided to just go with the stock cpu cooler or a possible after market one. But not the liquid cooling yet. Maybe down the line.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
Ok, so I looked through cases, and the only one in my price range that I liked and they carry locally so I dont have to order, is this one. It looks pretty nice, and I can always add some cold cathodes or blue led fans to spruce it up a bit. Plus it is a good price and has an all black interior. I think this is the case of choice for me. I like the nzxt one, but I dont want to have to order it and wait like two weeks for the free shipping when I can buy everything else in store the day after my birthday. Man I got lucky this year, my b day is the day before spring break so I have a week and a half or so to build my computer. Of course if I get everything the first day or two I will have it done in 3 days. 1-2 of getting the parts and building on top of the mobo box to make sure everything works and to install drivers and stuff. Then a day to put it all in the case and make it look cool.

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6430030&CatId=1509

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Other possible video card options
radeon hd 6850
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1368436&CatId=7005

some sort of 550ti (idk which)
I'd avoid the ati video cards. Chances are, if you have a game that's at all graphics intensive, and you have gpu issues, you're using an ati gpu. Nvidia ,for being at a similar price point, seems to have far fewer issues. Regardless of which direction you go there, review *carefully* when you look at them. For example, an nvidia 260 is a better performer than a 440. The nomenclature used in gpu model naming is horrid. Read reviews. Lots and lots of reviews.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Ok, so I looked through cases, and the only one in my price range that I liked and they carry locally so I dont have to order, is this one. It looks pretty nice, and I can always add some cold cathodes or blue led fans to spruce it up a bit. Plus it is a good price and has an all black interior. I think this is the case of choice for me. I like the nzxt one, but I dont want to have to order it and wait like two weeks for the free shipping when I can buy everything else in store the day after my birthday. Man I got lucky this year, my b day is the day before spring break so I have a week and a half or so to build my computer. Of course if I get everything the first day or two I will have it done in 3 days. 1-2 of getting the parts and building on top of the mobo box to make sure everything works and to install drivers and stuff. Then a day to put it all in the case and make it look cool.

http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6430030&CatId=1509
Oh, and as far as cases go, I'm a big fan of the Antec Skeleton. That's going to be my next case, sometime this year, I think. I don't know if it has eSATA, and I know it doesn't have USB 3.0, but I still like the look of the case. My friend that lives across the street ended up with a CoolerMaster Storm Trooper. It's a pricier tower, but this thing is a well balanced beast with ample room for everything, including a ridiculous quantity and size of fans. He'll probably have it forever.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I like the antec skeleton but have no area to put it around my desk. When I saw the vid of it at ces I wanted it. I dont really care if the case I get has e sata or not. I probably wouldnt ever use it.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
yup... you caught me skimming. i noticed it, but not much on time this week, so i left it. besides... unless you're putting uber cash flow into a system, liquid cooling is nothing but something to talk about and show off.

i still like that nzxt case. front audio/mic and usb/e-sata ports are priceless to me.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
yup... you caught me skimming. i noticed it, but not much on time this week, so i left it. besides... unless you're putting uber cash flow into a system, liquid cooling is nothing but something to talk about and show off.

i still like that nzxt case. front audio/mic and usb/e-sata ports are priceless to me.

Lol, I have a thing meant for a usb wifi thing to be extended away from the back of your computer. Basically just a usb extension cable but it is weighted down. Very convienet for my flash drives and stuff. I would honestly never use the e sata, but the cooler master case does have 2 front usb and front mic and headphone jacks (what I have now). Oh, I have a 5 1/4 in card reader I would probably throw in the system as well. Not much, but it is handy with my memory stick pro duos for my psp. I like the nzxt case, but unless I knew like 2 weeks a head of time I wouldnt have it on time to have the pc done before I go back to school after spring break. Plus it doesnt have an all black interior.

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick

Lol, I have a thing meant for a usb wifi thing to be extended away from the back of your computer. Basically just a usb extension cable but it is weighted down. Very convienet for my flash drives and stuff. I would honestly never use the e sata, but the cooler master case does have 2 front usb and front mic and headphone jacks (what I have now). Oh, I have a 5 1/4 in card reader I would probably throw in the system as well. Not much, but it is handy with my memory stick pro duos for my psp. I like the nzxt case, but unless I knew like 2 weeks a head of time I wouldnt have it on time to have the pc done before I go back to school after spring break. Plus it doesnt have an all black interior.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store