Wilting plants? translucent leaves? newbie trying to go low-tech!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

p0tluck

AC Members
Nov 9, 2015
from what i have been told swords have to be planted with their crown exposed to the water column with root tabs but i dont know if you need them with eco complete, anubias grow best when not planted in the substrate at all as they grow much better with roots and rhizome exposed to the water column (i have mine attached to my drift wood), the thing with plants is you can bury them to deep, also are you sure you have the right lighting as you didnt say what lighting you have.

also even though you have eco complete i would still dose the water column with liquid ferts like seachem comprehensive, or seachem trace i think its called or some others that someone else might like better as i am new as well when it comes to plants but mine are growing like crazy, when i did my gravel change my swords roots were from one side of the tank to the other in gravel.

im using an elive 48" led fixture with 8 white pods, 4 plant pods, 4 lunar blue pods, 2 infrared,4 color enhancing and 4 other types of whites for plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store