Woohoo, Another Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

paradigmcubed

AC Members
Mar 15, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
Visit site
Since I'll be getting some fish, I'll need to know what sort of heater I'll need. Can you guys help me out? Right now I have been filtering with a Emperor 400, what else would you recommend, I'm willing to completely swap for one filter system that could handle the tank. Thanks

Lastly, I've been told Central American Cichlids and Cichlids from that are such as a JD grow much faster than a Malawian Electric Blue Hap, is this true. I am pursuing South American because in 2 years I'll be in college, so I'd like my fish to grow out faster.

Last edited:

Zeb

Ingredients: 90% water
Feb 6, 2002
Bozeman, MT
Para-

The fish are constantly moving around.....

The only problem I have yet to encounter is the severums pick on the oscar, which usually results in him having a wound. They don't go after him, and he doesn't charge them, but when he stumbles too close they always nip him on the side.

I've caught the JD & Oscar in a lock jaw twice, but They gave up and went their seperate ways.

Never had a problem with the acara, firemouth, or any others. Silver dollars have never even been chased that I can see!

TarHeelGuy

AC Members
Feb 9, 2003
High Point, North Carolina
Visit site
the store in greensboro that u mentioned earlier is called AquaMains Fish and Reptile World. i live in high point and buy all of my fish there. they have any fish u could want fresh and saltwater and have beautiful display tanks. the only drawback is they are a little on the pricey side but i dont mind spending a little extra for healthy goodlooking fish. this is their website http://www.aquamains.com/index.html u should make the drive from chapel hill its only an hour away(i should know i practically live at the dean dome during basketball season lol)it would be well worth the drive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store