WORMS IN TURTLE TANK! HELP!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NY_turtle

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2017
We just noticed little worm looking things in our tank with the turtle. Wondering what to do and is this a concern for the turtle's health? We have had the turtle for about 6 months and he has been healthy so far. We do weekly water changes and the only things we have in the tank are 2 filters and a basking rock. They are hiding behind and under the filters except when they swim out and we catch a glimpse. I used my largest zoom on my camera to snap a photo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2783 (2).JPG

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Looks like mosquito larvae. They are hiding because they prefer still water. I'd remove it--too small for the turtle to eat, most likely, and it will hatch out and be a pest to you.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Yep, those are definitely mosquito larva. Hatchling turtles love to eat them but adult turtles will not take notice to them and they will eventually grow into flying bloodsuckers!

MickeyM

Registered Member
Aug 6, 2019
I have some in my tank as well and I have no clue what they are. They weren't there until this last water change 2 days ago.

tank worms.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store