would this work? Mini DIY Canister/Wet Dry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Viettxboii

AC Members
Aug 3, 2007
Edmonton Alberta Canada

i drew it up myself
the only reason i have a lid on is so that it would dampen the splashing noise if any down,if i were to seal the lid and the pipe i would prbably have a harder time trying to recconect the tubes to the pump(tat of an elite stingray 5), or my selcond option is to have a hinged lid, or 2 canisters , one for the media and another for the water to transfer into , and where i can keep other things such as co2 if i plan to use it,
the tank is a 2g hex for a betta which im planning to plant, but im probably upgrading to a 2.5 g from petsmart, allowing more room for a better aquascape, so any suggestions , and
about lighting...

Viettxboii

AC Members
Aug 3, 2007
Edmonton Alberta Canada
well i took a tall container and sectioned it off..
and just make a siphon and add the motor, and stick the RUGF, for hte current 2g hex i acant fit anything, if i get the 2.5g, ill use a aquaclear 20 thaht i ahve lol

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
You will need an overflow box

Viettxboii

AC Members
Aug 3, 2007
Edmonton Alberta Canada
lol i give up in that case, when i get my new 2.5g, ill just use an ac 20, and probably try and hook up that pump upsidown onto the RUGF, and it works, plus this tank isnt very versatile at all, thats why i dislike hex aquariums now...

Quartermain

From the deepest darkest abyss
Jan 10, 2005
Is there any reason you need a floor sump? You could simply stop at the overflow box and build your filter there. Basically a hang-on-back sump. No problems with flooding that way too. I drew one up for you. I don't think there's any reason why this wouldn't work..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store