Would this work

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Alex mjgddd

Registered Member
Aug 2, 2015
I have a 37 gallon tank and was wondering if this stocking would work
1 firemouth cichlid
1 bristlenose pleco
6 serpae tetras
and if possible a dwarf cichlid or small catfish

I am very open to suggestions.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
An adult meeki would possibly eat the tetras. I wouldn't pair with a dwarf cichlid, but what kind of catfish were you thinking other than the BN?

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
Pictus cats prefer to be in groups and, in my opinion, are far too active for the dimensions of a 37 gallon tank. I would recommend cory cats. Personally, I think it would be better if you dropped the firemouth, did a pair of dwarf cichids, a good size school of tetras, a school of cory cats and bristle nose pleco.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Angel in together with other cichlids? Is that wise? I thought angels like company and grow pretty big - a handful of angels in a 37 doesn't sound like such a great idea.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I was assuming the OP meant angels instead of the other ciclids. A pair of angels in a 37 shouldn't be a problem. A tank with more depth would be nice, but I don't think necessary. However, a pair of rams or one of the other dwarf species would allow for more options of tetras and would be easier on bioload. That's the route I would go if it was me.

Reactions: Duckie

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Yeah, that does sound good. Forgot that you can have just a pair of angels. There is always the danger of them hating each other, though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store