Would you ever buy a fish with ich?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
haha When I posted this thread it kicked to the freshwater newbie :D

Mandy what kind of coris wrasse are you talking about? red or yellow? I got my ADULT red coris for 15 bucks!!

There was once a sohal tang that had a mild case of ich and I REALLY wanted to buy him but his price is the only thing that did me in @ $160!!! I opted to wait till I had a big enough QT tank (along with some spare cash:grinyes:) I did not even thing to ask for a discount :wall::wall::wall:

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Ya know, that is the second post I've read from you tonight about a new fish. Two different fish it seems. Where are the photos?

hahaha yes, I ventured home with 2 fish. one for each tank. I hope to get some pics tomorrow. I only had lights on long enough to feed and ensure that they ate just a little bit then let them settle in for the evening.

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
I think we all buy fish with ich every day, knowingly or not. If the question is, would I buy a fish that is showing symptoms of being infected with ich, such as white spots, flashing and rapid breathing, then the answer would be yes.

Since finally seeing the light and realizing the great benefit of Hypo QT of every fish, I have no qualms about buying a fish in distress. I wouldn't even require a discount on the infected fish since most LFS's give a 7-14 day guarantee.

I think as responsible reef/fishkeepers, we shouldn't just try to cherry pick the best fish possible. Meaning, if you have the knowledge to properly QT and heal a fish infected with ick then we should try do so since we know they should be QT'd anyway. For those who don't know, believe or care to QT, let them pick the healthiest looking fish.

Wow, I bet I'll catch some flack for this point of view!

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
well not so much flak but more of a coment, what happends when you DO qt and DO Hypo and the fish STILL dies? I say a discount is JUST. As much money as sw fish are and Im not sure where you live but where I live once that fish walks out that door "all sales are final" I think we all run risks w/ anything we put in our tanks and I believe that even if we qt and do everything correctly there STILL a chance (small chance) that our display tanks can come down w/ some sort of disease or parasite or virus.

Ive had both fish that I bought flawless and have been qt and then died a couple months later and also had bought fish that where eating well swimming fine but had a touch of stress ich and they to this day are alive and healthy (ich free) If the deal is good and you have the time I say take it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store