wow, my goldfish ate their tankmates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

crimsonmoon

Gotta love those cories...
Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
so i put some rosy reds in with my goldfish, and now, about a week later, all of the smaller ones are gone. there are 7 big rosy reds left. I have checked inside filters, around the ground near the tank, even in the tank next to the goldfish tank, and they are no where. the only explanation is that the two big boys of the tank ate them (which they are certainly big enough to do). they are fast goldfish when they want to be, but i would have never thought that they would eat the little rosy reds.
should i be concerned? has this happened to anybody else?

crimsonmoon

Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
yeah, they do try to eat everything, i guess the whole "goldfish eat feeder fish" caught me off-guard. do you think it is unhealthy for them?

im not that surprised that they can catch them, they are faster than most ppl think, im just surprised that they ate another animal lol

SHAWNIE

~SHAWNIE~
Jan 19, 2009
Raymond NH
its only unhealthy if the feeders are unhealthy ...my goldies would eat ANYTHING and especially fish they could catch

crimsonmoon

Aug 31, 2008
Memphis
wow.
well thanks, now i know :)

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
been there. my black moor was a killer.

RodInCALIFORNIA

EBAY ADDICT !
Aug 5, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Real Name
ROD
my goldfish suck my baby ramshorn snails off the glass like they are m&m's but they do help keep the snail population in check. they will eat anything small fish included.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store