WTF....NO...NO....NO.....HELP ME....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
i just done my weekly water change on my tank and now my 2 shrimp are just laying on the bottom not moving...

i have a 4in skunk shrimp and a 4in coral banded shrimp......i done everything the same way i always do and they act like they are dying....

the only thing different was the water was alil warmer than usual...the temp in the tank went from 78 to 82.....is that to much of a temp change too fast????

will they survive..........

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
................UPDATE.....................

very quick only been a minute or too.........

the wife just hollared at me that the skunk has climbed up the back of his rock but is still not moving very much.........

CBS is still sitting in the corner not moving........his gills are going thou

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
minor shock? Not much you can do, maybe low oxygen content in the new water? What percentage water change did you do?

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
50% this go round........not by choice....was trying to get alot of cyano outa the tank.........

my cbs has moved back to his cave now...........and the skunk is still clinging to the back of his rock

rxdoc_85

AC Members
Mar 9, 2008
st. louis, missouri
it's hard to tell. if they're still alive there was just something that shocked them. maybe the temperature spike, or maybe something else was just a little off. anyhow i hope they both survive, they sound like you've had them a while judging from their 4 in size.

D.J.

AC Members
May 3, 2008
ive only had them since jan. when i got them the CBS was about 2in and the skunk 1in....

they are both fine and dandy now......back to their old selfs...

the ph in our water is about 8.1 which my tank is at 8.2-8.4, the sg and salinty was matched......and the temp was 4 deg higher....which was my fault......but the tank temp dropped back down to normal in about an hour...

i did notice a stronger clorine smell after i was done adding the water.....i didnt have enuff premixed since i done more of a change than i normally do but i did add a lil extra starter to it to help remove the chlorine...

i guess i got rid of pretty much all the cyano since as of right now 24hrs later there is none in the tank.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store