wuts everbodys favorite cichlid

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gian krlo

GT expert!! :)
Dec 26, 2005
Union County, NJ
re

just have to say i love gts, they are my fav cichlid!!!!love all of them!!!!luckily i can catch them when i want!!!!they are gorgeous fish...

GREEN TERROR plp! :)

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
It is hard to pick just one so I will name a few of my favorites.

Discus(The kings of freshwater)

Angels

Texas cichlid

Firemouth

Jack Dempsey

Blue German rams

I can't pick just one.

Marinemom

neonmadness

AC Members
Sep 14, 2006
oscars

garbon2535

AC Members
Nov 10, 2006
I have always had a thing for Angels. I recently got into Oscars and I really like Electric Yellow cichlids..

BlueJax

AC Members
Nov 16, 2006
Cambridge, UK
Dempeys rule

This month I am mostly loving my electric blue dempseys, but I reckon for wow factor a good quality ram/ discus is hard to beat.

Also, I think the goldeneye cichlid (Nannacara anomala) is one of the most underrated cichlids around, particularly the male in breeding condition. Mine used to shine before his mate passed away.

danzig

AC Members
Jan 2, 2007
Alberta, Canada
personally i like oscars and JD's for their unique personalities,from my personal experience.
i really do like the look of mbuna tanks in general but have never kept mbunas or any malawi's etc.
i also am a convict fan as i find them very amusing (their hissy fits lol).my oscars when upset will sulk at the bottom, however the male convict i had when he got mad would act like a drunken rock star in a hotel room and trash the place lol.( rip out plants, push over deco etc.)
i have had convicts in the past and wont be getting them again.(they just plain out seem to hate every other fish).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store