wut's the best algae controller

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kuhliloach

NannerPuss
Dec 4, 2006
my CAE dosent do a thing, neither does my hillstream loach. for a ten gallon tank do u think it's safe to add a pleco to all this, if so wut kind stays the smallest? otto's look cheap and small but how many should i get?

tai95

AC Members
Apr 24, 2005
You should never get a fish to control algae for you. For a 10gal tank it would take no time at all to clean the tank yourself. The CAE will eventually outgrow the 10gal. The hillstream loach is a coldwater fish and should not be kept in the same tank as the CAE. From all of your other posts, you have some serious overstocking issues in the tank. This is more than likely the cause of the algae in your tank. Take back some of the fish and get your tank properly stocked and algae shouldn't be an issue.

kuhliloach

NannerPuss
Dec 4, 2006
your right, i should probably not buy one more fish untill i get a 20 gallon tank, i have to take responsability and clean it my self. but the reason why i was using fish is sometimes when i need to clean it the most i have junk all over my hands, didn't wanna mess up the chemicals in the tank. Also a big hand moving around the tank might stress the fish in the tank, good thing i don't have any ssemi-aggresive fish or my arm would have some scars to show!
as a begginer it would probably be an excuse for me not to do any work, i'll get right on it emediatly!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store