XPe is Whistling

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mike.murf1999

AC Members
Mar 27, 2008
wisconsin
OK, this may have been covered along the way by someone else, but here it is anyway. I have my XP3 all hooked up and running, but I was getting this anoying whistling sound. I checked all the connections, and finally found it was the sprayer bar. I put the jet nozzle on for now so I don't have to hear it. But I'd really like to put the sprayer bar back on. Does anyone have a solution to stopping the whitsling that comes from the sprayer bar? It does it no matter how I adjust it or the amount of pressure going thru it with the adjustment valve.:help:

mike.murf1999

AC Members
Mar 27, 2008
wisconsin
It is completely submerged, but you can still hear a high pitched sound. It sounds like a high pitched whistle.

danclark

AC Members
Mar 23, 2009
edmonds wa
i have several xp3's and my similar problem was that the whistle was coming from the spray bar, the easy fix is the drill the holes out a fraction bigger, almost an unnoticable amount of material removal fixed my problem in like 3 mins, a good test would be to put on that other spray attachment to see if the spray bar is the issue...

Toddo

Native Species Only
Feb 26, 2009
I drilled my XP3 spraybar holes out also. I wasn't hearing any whistling though. I wanted max flow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store