YAY! my RCS have started to breed

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

noble

AC Members
Jun 9, 2011
I started with 4 but one died from an amonia spike while I was away for work. So I got another 5. Then one of those died from stress about 15-30mins after i put them in so now i have 7 and they have finally started breeding!

shrimp1.jpgshrimp2.jpg
This is just a 5.5g dedicated shrimp tank. Can't wait for them to hatch so I can throw some in my other tank.

shrimp2.jpg shrimp1.jpg

ghostshrimpman

AC Members
Jul 22, 2010
Brownsville, Texas
Real Name
Ricky
Sweet, I started with seven on June 24th and currently have about 20 babies +/- 1/4'' long. I have 2 berried females atm as well. You should be doing great within a couple of months!

Big Mike

Large Member
Sep 8, 2009
IL
Real Name
Huge Mike
Congrats!! Be very careful with gravel vacs because they are VERY tiny.

Drunkenbushman

AC Members
Jun 30, 2010
Melbourne Australia
Congrats, I wish I could get mine to breed.

Have been in the tank for around 3 months and only had one batch of babies since and no berried ones :(

Did you do anything differant to get them breeding?

noble

AC Members
Jun 9, 2011
i plan to stop gravel vac when the eggs hatch, theres only shrimp in there at the moment so its quite clean. I will just do the PWCs until there bigger.

Mine didnt breed for a while but i had probs with amonia. After i fixed that they still didn't seem like they would so i got a few more to make sure I had a male and a week or 2 later i saw the berried females.

The tank is only 5.5gal but its a shrimp only tank. the plan is to keep them breeding in here and dump the offspring into my other 2 tanks and let them fend for themselves. if they get eaten no biggie cause i have a little farm going now. I will keep the population in this tank around 20-30.

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
THATS GREAT..
Delighted for you.
It took me a while too then i had hundreds, babys kept dissappears, but every external filter clean,,, 3 months,,, i took 2-300 out of it.
No matter how i blocked it they still got in there, actually it was a great sanctuary and growing on place for them full of food.
When i go back home thats what i will do again.. I kept them in a community tank with kuhlis chain loaches, bristlenoses they loved it..

noble

AC Members
Jun 9, 2011
They should be hatching any time now its been 20 days now! will put a pick up when they do.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store