Yeast CO2 not producing bubbles?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
mmk... i found that securing the bottle on top of my light vent (risky, yes, and i wouldnt recommend it outside of proper securing mechanism) raised the temp slightly which the yeast enjoyed.

ghengis

cunninglinguist
Jun 23, 2008
Cairns, Australia.
Had similar problems when I set my system up. I was also running a check valve and flow adjust valve. I ditched both of these, in an effort to pinpoint why I wasn't getting any bubbles. Instant success (well, within an hour or so, anyway). At the end of the day, I figure I don't need a check valve, because, if a siphon is created, the tank will only drain as far as the cap on my brew-bottle, and not overflow further than that. Also, when it come to bottle change time, I have one of those little plastic clamp type devices available at most pet stores. I clamp the air line shut, just above the bottle, keeping the pressure in the line, remove the bottle, reload and re-attach. I leave the clamp thingy on until a squeeze test reveals pressure in the bottle (usually 20min to an hour), then Bob's your aunty's live in lover.

In short, dice the check valves and flow control and run a hose straight to the tank.

EDIT: Don't fall for the trap of upping your yeast quantities to get results. This will work, but only for a short, very intense, burst, then you'll be back to square one...no bubbles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store