yellow stone becoming active?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nepherael

AC Members
May 11, 2012
Warsaw, IN
Real Name
Brandon
What scares me the most is knowing (after really sitting and thinking about it) what lengths I would go to to feed and protect my family in a situation like that and knowing there is a large percentage of people out there that would do much worse than I could imagine

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Sub, enjoy worrying about things that can't be changed. If you want to know where your fingernails went, you chewed them off in fear of <insert one of ten billion disasters here>. :D

Duck Tape! Thats how we can solve it, just duck tape the entire thing over :dance:
Being prepared eliminates a lot of the reasons to be worried.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
When the cannibalism begins some of us are gonna be really glad that the US is one of the fattest countries. Y'all keep eatin' them Big Mac's, hear?

Mark

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Meh, I'll just keep worrying about drought, tornadoes, hurricanes etc...the regular stuff. Oh, and running out of oil. Which will happen sooner? Only time will tell.

I'm from Miami, and we had lots of emergency supplies on hand...flashlights, batteries, water etc. Nothing was ever so bad that we couldn't just drive to the grocery store (or Walmart) and none of these things helped much when our house flooded, twice, and got broken into. Those were the real disasters we faced. I live so inland now, I don't bother keeping anything on hand except water and paper plates/utensils in case the septic fails.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
I just like to have a few weeks worth of staples around, and since I use so much RO I have a 3' x 3' x 3' storage tank full at all times. I worry more about something happening to cause an extended power outage in the summer than the winter. I have 2 seasons worth of firewood ( over 3 seasons like last year's!) on hand to keep warm, but keeping cool without power is much more difficult.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Being prepared is good, I can agree with that Sub. The way I had it you were just a worry wort like a friend of mine (he's perpetually nervous over things that cannot be changed). Though I do wonder just how prepared one can be for the collapse of civilization as we know it :T

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store