yellow tang help!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

itstheantitang

A man, struck down in his prime...
Oct 1, 2005
yellow tang

If you got it two minutes ago the problem is probably just stress.

There probably isnt a problem.
Are the stripes vertical?
If they are, I think that is just the way the muscle fiber in the body is arranged, and the brown may be a result of that.

My yellow tang will be awoken in the morning and it will have a brown area on it near its lateral line for about 10 mins but it will go away. It is very healthy, vibrant yellow.

Try feeding your tang romaine lettuce NOT iceberg, romaine.
The brown stripes are probably just normal.

brovo2zero

AC Members
Jan 14, 2005
transport shock if it is feeding then its nothing to worry about it shuld settle in few days

uhohagain

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
itstheantitang said:
If you got it two minutes ago the problem is probably just stress.

There probably isnt a problem.
Are the stripes vertical?
If they are, I think that is just the way the muscle fiber in the body is arranged, and the brown may be a result of that.

My yellow tang will be awoken in the morning and it will have a brown area on it near its lateral line for about 10 mins but it will go away. It is very healthy, vibrant yellow.

Try feeding your tang romaine lettuce NOT iceberg, romaine.
The brown stripes are probably just normal.
I thought lettuce, even romaine is no longer recommended. I am relatively a novice, but was told it is best to use seaweed/algea sheets instead. Any truth to this? I don't recall the reason for this however.

My yellow has a brown area around the lateral line when the lights first come on too. Also when it was acclimating to the tank mates for about half an hour, ever since its been bright yellow.

uhohagain

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
itstheantitang

In your siggy, you mention your tang is evil. It is kinda funny how temper ments are different from one fish to another. I have the yellow tang and maroon, they are the most mellow ones of the tank. I guess it doesn't help that the others are damsels who must be spawn of the :devil:.

FreddytheFish

Nano-Reefer
Aug 29, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
uhoagain- check out "why are my fish dying", started by itstheantitang. i posted a list of ways it is evil. and yes, you are right , it is the spawn of the devil :devil:

uhohagain

AC Members
Oct 12, 2005
FreddytheFish said:
uhoagain- check out "why are my fish dying", started by itstheantitang. i posted a list of ways it is evil. and yes, you are right , it is the spawn of the devil :devil:

OMG just read the thread. Wow, he is possessed I tell you. My tang like I said is nice, but he will defend himself. He is about 4 inches, the damsel that chases him(well everything) is about 1 1/2 inches. Go figure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store