Yes, another stocking question!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tara brown

AC Members
Nov 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
www.flyingdog.ca
Hi All,

So i did what you guys told me to do: i had 7 mismatched tetras that were given to me with the tank. I gave them all back to the pet store. Now my question is what do i put in their place?

20 gallon
aquaclear 50 filter
7 live plants

Fish so far:
6 fancy guppies (all male)
3 peppered cories

I know 'Cory Lover' is going to say get more cories but aside from that what would you guys stock? Would love lots and lots of ideas! Please list the number you would get of each fish too!

Thanks!

Tara

blackwolfXKAV

Homo sapiens
Apr 20, 2006
New England Abroad.
oh the combinations are almost endless, but i would suggest finding a particular fish and developing your plan from there. :idea:

You may not want to hear this, but i think that some more peppered cories would be nice (i love them; got two in my twn gallon)

you might want to work on a school of fish or perhaps a centerpiece fish like a dwarf gourami or the like..

Good luck, and best of wishes, Black_Wolf :dive2:

blackwolfXKAV

Homo sapiens
Apr 20, 2006
New England Abroad.
almost forgot to mention, it helps to have a little balance in where your fish spend most of thier time; ie, cories on the bottom, schools in the middle, guppies, top?

tara brown

AC Members
Nov 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
www.flyingdog.ca
Thanks for the input so far.
This is what i was thinking but i may be over stocking:

-6 guppies
-5-7 rummy nose tetras
-1-2 gouramis or rams
-6 cories

maybe a snail and or african dwarf frog too?

just looking for cool ideas or interesting fish i haven't read about yet...

Tara

SmallFishi

I'm addicted to Aquaria Central!
Nov 8, 2006
Canada
If you want to get an african dwarf frog you would probably have to hand feed it or it would probably starve with all those fish eating before it gets a chance they are very slow to find food.
You have to be very patient to have dwarf frogs I hand feed my 2 every day with a syringe and I don't have any fish in with them and it's still hard work making sure they get some.. lol.

tara brown

AC Members
Nov 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
www.flyingdog.ca
SmallFishi said:
If you want to get an african dwarf frog you would probably have to hand feed it or it would probably starve with all those fish eating before it gets a chance they are very slow to find food.
You have to be very patient to have dwarf frogs I hand feed my 2 every day with a syringe and I don't have any fish in with them and it's still hard work making sure they get some.. lol.
Thanks for the info on the frogs...
I think i'll wait a very looooong time until i get one of those!
Tara

jm1212

Pterophyllum scalare
Jul 22, 2006
Chicago
Real Name
Jon
tara brown said:
Thanks for the input so far.
This is what i was thinking but i may be over stocking:

-6 guppies
-5-7 rummy nose tetras
-1-2 gouramis or rams
-6 cories

maybe a snail and or african dwarf frog too?

just looking for cool ideas or interesting fish i haven't read about yet...

Tara
you could go with 4 guppies, 6 rummynozes, 1 gourami or ram, and 3 corys. your plan before wouldve made your tank very very OS

guppygirl123

Proud Member of the Muffin Mafia
Oct 15, 2006
U.S.A
I would definately go with rams. Just remember though that they are very sensitive to dirty water...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store