Yes I got a new tank for Christmas!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
I asked for a 10 gallon but instead I get a 15 gallon! Even though its only a few more gallons that still means I can add a few more fish!:D Dont worry I won't stock it to full. Ive already got it set up and ready. I put water from my other tank so it will cycle alot faster. I should be getting fish in a couple days. I would normally wait longer but I have a coupon thing to a lfs where I buy one fish get one free and it ends on Friday. Well wish me luck. Its been along time since I had a community setup in a tank. Yall have a good day!

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
No im not gonna use live plants. I like my plastic plants alot better. Not really 100% sure on what to stock it with yet. Im definately gonna get a couple of dwarf cichlids and not sure on what else.

Richer

AC Members
Aug 7, 2002
Edmonton, AB
Your gonna get fish in a couple of days from just starting up a brand new tank? IMHO, that is a mistake. Even if you used water directly from an established tank to fill the entire 15 gallon up, it won't be close to cycled. There is very little benefitual bacteria floating around in tank water. Most of it is attached to the surfaces of your tank, and mainly in your filter. Do a complete fishless cycle then consider stocking your tank. Coupon or not, you are probably gonna go through more headach (and perhaps loss of money) if you don't properly cycle in the beginning.

-Richer

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
..just clean out the filter from your old tank into your new tank allowing the new filter to suck up all the gunk(dont worry about all the gunk...just wait for the water to clear)...should have that baby cycled in no time.:)

Last edited:

friend of oscar

AC Members
Dec 1, 2001
Visit site
Alright. Thanks for the replies. I will try to hold off awhile for fish. I still am going to the store in a couple hours though because I need other stuff so I will see if they would hold fish but I dont think this place will because they have so many display tanks and stuff filled up with fish I doubt they would hold anything except maybe for a fee. Weither you were kidding or not Slappy*Mcfish, I actually did put some gunk from my other filters into the new filter and I also I sucked up a little fish poop from the other tank and put it in there. Everything seams alright with it and the ph and stuff is good but Ill try my best to wait. Hope all of yall had a merry Christmas.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store