Yet Another Newbie Stocking Question..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dog_gone07

Feesh
Jan 2, 2009
CT, USA
My tank has been cycled for a bit now and currently have 3 harlequin rasbora, and 1 pink neon rasbora in my 10 gallon. I have two mystery snails that will be going in there as well. I plan on adding 1 or 2 more rasboras, but I was wondering if it would be too much to have 4 pygmy corys in there as well, or should I just get one showpiece fish like a honey or dwarf gourami?

Any input would be very helpful. Thanks :thm:

dog_gone07

Feesh
Jan 2, 2009
CT, USA
pink neon rasbora?

i would get three more harlequins, take back the pink neon rasbora, and then go ahead with the pygmy corydoras
I had never heard of them either, but I really liked the way she/he looked. I attached pics. The top one is the best I could get of her shape, but the other one shows her color. Seems like a healthy fish, I hate to bring her back, she's schools with the others really well. Is it necessary that I do? I like her (or him).

GEDC2993.JPG GEDC2995.JPG

Trisha

AC Members
Apr 17, 2008
A 10 gallon aquarium IS too small for all the fish you have, plus all the fish you are going to get, plus the snails.

I would not add snails to the tank as it will simply be too heavy of a bioload.

dog_gone07

Feesh
Jan 2, 2009
CT, USA
Alright, now I'm getting conflicting info and I'm confused. I already purchased the snails, and don't exactly have room for another tank in my room. I'm ok with not getting the corys or any other fish, but I still would like to increase my rasbora school by at least one more. Is that really too much for my tank? I was trying to base my stock on the post by jm1212 in this post http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97203 in the 10 gallon stocking #2.

"Stocking 2
1 honey gourami- similar to the dwarf gourami, but stays 1/2 inch-1 inch smaller.
6 harlequin rasboras- small, good looking, and great schoolers. Another great community fish.
6 ghost shrimp
1 snail"

I guess I thought that if I could take away the 6 ghost shrimp that would be OK to add another snail. I realize that they have a big bioload, but for some reason I thought that if I exchanged the 6 shrimp for 1 snail it would even out. I could be totally wrong. But I'm totally ok with keeping it with just the snails and a school of 6 rasbora. Does that seem right? or am I totally off?
:help:
This is my first time trying to do this fish thing right, I'm just looking for a little help because of course, I want to keep the fish (and snails) happy. Thanks..

dog_gone07

Feesh
Jan 2, 2009
CT, USA
The colors are really hard to see in the pictures, it was the best I could do. But looking at images of the pearl danio online, her colors don't really resemble my fish. I think the scientific name of my fish is microrasbora nana. She's mostly a pinky/silvery color with just a line of green along the top length of her body.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store