YIKES!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Andrew7769

AC Members
Feb 8, 2008
well after updating my lighting finally i picked up a long tenticled annemome from work yesterday, last night i got him snuggled in what i thought was a good spot but evidently while i was at work he wandered behind my LR where my powerheads and stuff is...but it was not a powerhead that he ran into rather my whisper filter intake pipe where although it has a strainer on it the flow is powerful. SO anyways i found him just now and i thought the worse so i turned off the filter, pulled off the end piece and now it seems that a number of his tennicals are intertwined around the strainer inside and out, my question(s) are, how do i tell if it is still alive, and if he is still living (he appears to be) how do i get him out!:help::help:

Andrew7769

AC Members
Feb 8, 2008
o and btw it seems a little bit of his foot has also gotten itself in there, ill see if i can get a pic but judgeing from his foot changing shape and his arms still waving i believe he is alive

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
If it were me I would probably leave him for a day or two and see what he could untangle himself before taking drastic measures.

My anemone cloned off, and one of the clones jammed itself between two rocks next to my return and was very close to pulling one rock off the top of the tank (a rather large rock) and onto himself and the coral below him. So I attempted to unstick him and quickly realized he had not finished 'sealing' up after cloning and I literally tore him open with his guts showing.

He healed up completely and is currently the healthiest looking anemone in the tank. Point is, they are amazingly resiliant.

Andrew7769

AC Members
Feb 8, 2008
well he actully managed to wiggle out and looks like he actually decided to stay put where he is :perv:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store