You QT Routine

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

How do you quarantine new fish...

• Quarantine Schwarantine - plop those fish right in!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where they came from...

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Few Days - 1 Week

• 2 Weeks

• 4 weeks

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • More than 4 weeks

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

enrique4jc

AC Members
Oct 17, 2006
Russell Springs, KY
Real Name
Eric
Depends on where they are from. I can't honestly recall the last time I bought fish from a standard pet shop...all my recent purchases have come from trusted local importer/breeders with strict quarantine practices or fellow hobbyists.
Unfortunately not an option in rural America.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I only treat most loaches & a very few bottom dwellers with flubendazole or levamisole...Other than that I go with observation...for up to 4 weeks or more...of good health

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Well...the local seller I purchase from most ships. There are a number of quality vendors for most all species online, you just have to be willing to look, and then pay for the quality. Tangled up in Cichlids, Invertebrates by MsJinkzd (she is on hiatus right now, but will be shipping in the future) Super Cichlids. Or some great stores that ship-The Wet Spot out of Washington, for example.

I don't medicate unless there is a reason, and then it depends on what's being treated.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store