You were right!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DJDrZ

AC Members
Jul 31, 2010
Collegeville, PA
i am going to agree with mg. you'll most likely seriously appreciate a decent setup over the paint ball ones. a nice dual stage regulator helps avoid bottom of tank dumps that can gas your fish and you'll get a lot more bang for your buck.
So, the Red Sea NON-paintball, or something where I just buy the parts?
If the latter, some help on exactly which parts would be good. Also, suggesting the electronic solenoid?

Thanks,

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
You can get a standard regulator for the same price,or cheaper,than one for a paintball bottle. The only difference is how fast you will go through the CO2. If you are using this on a 72 gallon tank,you will be going through bottles every few days if you go with a paintball regulator. I used a paintball set up on a 10 gallon,and a 24oz bottle would last for 3 weeks.

I now have a 10lb bottle,that I paid $25 dollars for on craigslist,and it cost me $25 to fill up. I expect it to last for 9 to 12 months. It is being used on two 55 gallon tanks,and one 10 gallon.

If you are tired of DIY CO2,and are willing to spend maybe $200 on a good set up,a standard regulator will cost the same as a paintball regulator, and you should only have to fill it once year,rather than once a week.

This one will work fine,and has a solenoid valve,

http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Instruments-Solenoid-Regulator-Counter/dp/B001DTNWF2

Then you will need a bottle,CO2 tubing,and a diffuser.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com

Hadouken441

AC Members
Feb 16, 2010
I have a paintball Reg. I got it off of thatpetplace. Its awesome I love it

Im using a 9oz tank and doing about 1-2 bps on a 5.5 Gal. Turn it off at night. 1 9oz lasts my tank 1 month. Its really not that bad. If you go with a 20 oz bottle it could last you like 2-3 months

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store