Your Biggest Newb Mistake?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
Buying and keeping 4 (four, not a typo) Green Spotted Puffers (tetraodon nigroviridis)in a 10-gallon FW tank. But that was 40 years ago... I have learned a bit since then. The amazing thing is they all lived in that situation for over a year when they were moved up in the world, and to better water.

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
Originally posted by RTR
But that was 40 years ago... I have learned a bit since then.
SHHHHhhhhh....Don't reveal that kind of info about yourself. :eek:

....Unless, of course you tell us you started keeping fish when you were 2. That would redeem yourself (and your age!) :laugh:

daveedka

Purple is the color of Royalty
Jan 30, 2004
Columbus, ohio
I set up my first 55, and decided I needed to have airstones for oxygenation. I was already about halfway through a fishy cycle with two giant Danio's. I installed the stones and hoses but my old air pump didn't work so I left the hoses hanging with the intent of getting a new pump on my way home from work. What I didn't know was that water current can and will push water upward through a 1/4 line and start a siphon. There was still about an inch of water left in the tank when I got home so the danio's didn't die but cleaning 40 + gallons of fishy water out of the carpet was no fun at all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store