Zebra Danios

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mitchl17

AC Members
Dec 18, 2006
Toronto, Canada
Hi,

Do Zebra Danios add a lot to the tank? Are they lively, fun to watch? The reason i'm asking is because my cousin told me that they are kind of dull. Thanks.

Mitch

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
Well, they are very lively. I for one can't stand how over the top they are, but alot of people love them for just this reason.

Cory Lover

AC Members
Oct 8, 2006
B.C. Canada
Mitchl17 said:
Hi,

Do Zebra Danios add a lot to the tank? Are they lively, fun to watch? The reason i'm asking is because my cousin told me that they are kind of dull. Thanks.

Mitch
Hi,

IME and IMO they add alot to a tank and are very fun to watch.

Cory Lover

webcricket

(So chill.) No wonder it's freezing
Mar 22, 2006
Syracuse, NY
They are very lively and constantly on the move. Keep in mind that they like groups and you'll want 6 or more to appreciate their antics fully. There are a bunch of different color variants (gold, pearl, blue, long-finned, glofish, etc.) and they will all school with each other. Also be sure your tank has a cover, they're jumpers.

bettafish777

betta
Dec 26, 2006
I had 7 to start with but they kept dying on me. They are fun to watch cause they are constantly moving, but they do not school. You do need several though because mine died of a broken heart. or so it seemed:)

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
I have had them and they are great for swimming at the top of the tank. Get atleast 6 of them.

Mitchl17

AC Members
Dec 18, 2006
Toronto, Canada
ya, i'm looking to get at least 10, maybe more in my 40 gal tank. I'm gunna put them, a red tailed black shark and a three spot gourami. Thanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store