ZEOmax co2

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

got_nailed

AC Members
Mar 26, 2004
roanoke, va
Visit site
I read about it on 3 different sites and it looks like a home made co2 using lime stone and Hydrochloric Acid.

So it’s 69.99 to get it and every month it looks like limestone is $9.99 and some acid at $12.99.

What’s the price on a 5 pond tank and a regulator with some of the fixings?

happychem

redorkulated
Dec 9, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
Yeah, it looks like you're getting into the price range of a pressurized CO2 system. It's a novel setup, kinda neat, but for the price you may as well save a little more money and invest in a good pressurized system.

djlen

Fish?.......What Fish?
Aug 19, 2002
Somerdale, New Jersey USA
I just picked up a used 15# bottle for $50(the first one I've ever had to pay for), a regulator(new) for $52 including shipping, and 2 needle valves for $6 a piece. IMO, that's all you need for a decent pressurized system. The only additional expense is a $9 fill-up about every 4 - 5 months.

Len

djlen

Fish?.......What Fish?
Aug 19, 2002
Somerdale, New Jersey USA
They are Clippard MNV - 2. I got them at a local distributor. Actually they were a bit less than $6. Around $5.75.
They are not knob adjusted, but rather screw-in adjustments. I feel I can make finer adjustments with the screw in's.
I am very happy with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Len

Last edited:

muskieswen

AC Members
Jan 7, 2004
Visit site
bobalston,
I to have the clippard valve. I purchased mine at Air Engineering & Supply Co. 2719 East Franklin Minneapolis MN 55406 612-332-4181. Djlen is correct, these valves are awesome. I wish I would have known about them before I purchased a few others that were recomended. I paid less than $6 also for mine. I believe they are the only distributer in the tri state area so depending where you live it may be more.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store