Zig Zag Eel

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

doctorb

AC Members
May 14, 2007
While I have been waiting for my ridiculously slow cycle to complete, I have been to the store a couple times to check out potential fish. Yesterday I saw a Zig Zag Eel and thought it looked pretty cool. I was wondering, is a 35G tank big enough for one of these guys? The label said it was a community fish, so are they ok to put in with small fish like tetras?

Also... I have complained about my cycle before, but it has been going for 2 months now (using shrimp), and for the last few weeks I have been stuck on readings of 0ppm Ammonia, ~2ppm nitrite and 10-20 ppm nitrate. Does this seem normal? The values don't seem to be changing at all.

doctorb

AC Members
May 14, 2007
Thanks. It looks like 35 G is big enough, but I didn't know about having to feed it live food. That sounds like it might be a little advanced for my first attempt at an aquarium.

Ruben Tolon

last of a dying breed
Aug 20, 2000
Miami, FL
you might be able to target feed it some frozen food like bloodoworms, try to ask the fish store worker to feed it frozen food while you watch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store