Zoa Size

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquatiCreations

Registered something or another...
Feb 25, 2008
Hey guys,

Do Zoanthids come in an assortment of sizes? I recently picked up a nice rock and the polyps(which appear to be fully extended) are only maybe the size of a green pea, I ask because the majority of the Zoas that I have seen are maybe dime sized, and am just wondering if it's normal?

AquatiCreations

Registered something or another...
Feb 25, 2008
Thanks for the read Ace, Interesting how those Zoas grow on that sponge!

I put some additional current over the Zoas, someone recently told me that they will grow longer skirts, do you know if there is any merit to this?

jcole

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
Not sure how everyone feels about this but I had a guy at a coral frag show tell me to dose with buffered vit c. I am currently dosing with buffered Vitamin C and have seen a huge improvement. My zoas are much more full than before, I had some green polyps that were slowly melting they have since made a remarkable recovery. It works for me.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Vitamin C is a type of carbon dosing, so everything else that goes with that needs to be followed for best success (ie. big skimmer, proper precise dosing regiment), but I would agree because I have read and seen locals do it and if done correctly I have heard nothing but positive things in regards to zoas. Unlike dosing Iodine, which I have never seen any real positive improvements.

The flow question, yes, I would agree, more flow to a certain extent will make the skirts longer.. but too much flow will make them close up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store