ZOMG BABY PEPERMINTS!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
Earlier this week I had purchased 2 peppermint shrimps, and about 2 lbs of live rock.

Since I couldnt afford/make a refugium yet, I had made a box to put the rocks in and drilled plenty of holes into them.

Well ither way, on of the peppermints died while accilmating, but the big blue(yea she's a friggin blue peppermint:werd:) shrimp lived.
So I got her in the tank, and now many days later I decided to take a peek at teh tank in the middle of the night (it's when my critters are most active and I love watching them, although I know its bad).

Anyways I saw the Blue female, and she was acting all weirded out and was trying to burrow. She couldnt and swam behind sum rock but seemed a little agitated. So I kept an eye on her.

Suddenly she flew straight up and splashed :eek3:. Next thing I know she's back behind a rock and there's BABIES EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

ZOMG my heart is still pounding. It was an amazing thing to watch in person. I had to quickly leave though, because my copperband got exited and started chomping down :mad2:.

Back to my box. The holes are like 1/2" and there are like 50 holes.
I really hope most of them can make it in there where they wont get harassed.

I'm so exited! I just cant get over it.

beabroca

AC Members
Feb 25, 2009
wow ...omgwtfbbq.......i like that in some odd way...and congrads...u got babies!!!!

khmerspec

WanaBAhReefer
May 17, 2008
Sacramento, Ca
www.5linx.net
Real Name
Van
cant take pictures of the babies they are too small...and i cant find them easily.

saw one yeserday swimming behind the pump. most were snacks for my copperband.

and yep rite wen she hit the surface, splash.... babies everywhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store