Zoogoneticus Tequila - Goodied

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
I asked a question in the Cold Water section about Gold Top Water Minnows as I 'm trying to find some none aggressive tank mates for the Goodieds. These guys like temps between 68f-74f. The Zoogon's only get about 2'-2 1/2" and may be a little fin nippy with fish with flowing fins. The males tend to spar for ranking rights and meek fish tend to get stressed. The tank is freshly cycled and currently houses 3f-8m Least Killies. Temporary guests are several 1/4" Alleni Crayfish, all leaving in 2-3 weeks before the Goodieds arrive. The Least Killies are basically there to produce an ongoing source of live food for the Goodieds as they grow.

Currently the tank has two peices of driftwood that are basically branches with split off branches and stretch the length of the 30L tank. I plan to add some stone work this week and will build several structures to be assembled, removed and reassembled when the crayfish leave. I have a few strands of java moss and have a ton of dwarf water lettus on the way. Once the crayfish are gone I plan to add more java moss, some naja grass and anchored hornwart. I'm planning to add some pea gravel all around the stone work with most of the tank remaining bare bottom. I'm also obtaining some neocardia shrimp that have been bred in a similiar set up. I have 2 sponge filters rated for tanks 120g each and will add a small box filter to catch solids. Lastly I'm going to put a cheap Tetra i404 in there as well.

So what am I missing here? I'd really like to get a few tank mates and I've read good and bad about the Gold Top Waters. Considering the Zoogon's are extinct for the most part I don't want to take chances. I thought about Blue Fin Killies any opinions? Please if other fish come to mind make a suggestion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store