US percption of Scotland

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
He was born there, he didnt grow up there...
They moved here before he had even been there a year

CAF

AC Members
Oct 27, 2006
ask him what he wears under his kilt and you'll find out if he's a true scotsman or not!
Its the exact same thing an Irishman wears under his! Here's something I bet you haven't heard... Did you know the Irish invented the Bagpipes and presented them to the Scots? Yeah, unfortunately for the rest of the world, the Scots haven't gotten the joke quite yet. Luckily for the rest of the world however, the Gods created alcohol, tis the bane of any Celt elsewise we would have already taken over the world, assuming we could stop fighting ourselves first...

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
There are plenty of Scotch and Irish here in the states. I'm a mixed breed myself....Scotch Irish with a dash of Cherokee and a smidgen of Dutch.

I can't believe no one mentioned Fat ******* from Austin Powers.

"GET IN MY BELLY!"

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
It rains a lot. I blame you for inventing golf. The men there wear skirts in eye searing plaid. You have your own language you kid tourists into believing is english. Occasionally bagpipes explode and injure bystanders. You only play bagpipes when tourists are looking. You invented sweaters. Mel Gibson thinks he's one of you. You're bearing up well under that embarrasment... Other than that, I only think of Scotland when I think of sheep.

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk

nickmcmechan

Proudly Scottish
Feb 25, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
You have your own language you kid tourists into believing is english. Occasionally bagpipes explode and injure bystanders. You only play bagpipes when tourists are looking
awright, aye yer right we only play oor pipes when the glaekit toorists are aboot, at weddins when sum numpty gets unner the thumb and when sum gadgy dees

bluerat

im a girl ... not a dude
Oct 7, 2006
hampshire, uk
2 things -

The sheep are nervous

You can't catch a cold there as a true Scotsman will give nothing away
[/jk]

I claim immunity from Scotsmen w/ flamethrowers as my mom's family came from Inverness.
thats Wales

david tennant...mmmm
robert carlyle...mmm
ewan magreggor...mmm
dougray scott..mmm
and for humour billy connely
what more can one say

Last edited:

Swayde

AC Members
Mar 12, 2007
Florida
My mom's dad came to the United States from Scotland when he was 14. He never did forgive his parents for making him and his brothers wear kilts lol. Any country that gives us Sean Connery, has got to be awesome in my book =) Plus, without a Scot, I wouldn't be alive! <3 Scotland

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store