US percption of Scotland

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nickmcmechan

Proudly Scottish
Feb 25, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
Isn't 'Haggis Hut' the big fast food restaurant there? How come we can't get one of those here in the U.S. ?

Maybe McDonald's could come up with the 'McHaggis' or something similar.....unfortunately, I think it's illegal to cook with sheep's lungs here in the states, so they'd have to omit that part of the recipe. Bummer.

:)
no, no haggis hut i'm afraid but a good idea...think i might go and start off a business...do you think it would take off...might be hard hunting enough of the wee haggis critters down though

bluerat

im a girl ... not a dude
Oct 7, 2006
hampshire, uk
even here in the south of the uk there are alot of things we dont know about http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxuk101MXGB scotland. i think the education system and tv stations should think about it more and educate the public about whats around this beautiful island.
theres too much on the negative rather than the positive.

we want to see a rerun of rab c nesbitt give only fools and horses a rest
david tennant as davina the barmaid lol

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
LOL...didn't you just love that string vest!

did you understand him jane?

Nick,that string vest was so awful!!! Some of it i understood ,other times i needed an interpreter !!!!! lol,but it was a wicked show and i still watch repeats sometimes and it don't age still really funny.

smbjedi

May the fish be with you.
Dec 20, 2006
Dallas, TX
people are stupid everywhere, i had cousin come vist me from seattle (i live in dallas) and she wanted to know where all the horses were. she believed that we all wore 10 gallon hats and rode horses to work! i think they stand outside of walmart to conduct these polls! :wall:

bluerat

im a girl ... not a dude
Oct 7, 2006
hampshire, uk
nick if anyone was to visit where would you recommend to go, not everyone wants to go see the usual tourist attractions, so tell us some of things that should be seen and the things to avoid,

nickmcmechan

Proudly Scottish
Feb 25, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
good question....

places to go

edinburgh for a busy touristy time...i like the castle (has the scottish crown jewels there)

avoid cities of dundee (horrible place with nothing in it), glasgow (industrial centre of scotland)...

nice places are of the towns in the highlands, but beware the prices are inflated for tourists... i like glencoe, fort willian, loch ness (never mind the monster its a beautiful place), fort george, inverness and surrounding

some nice attractions are 'the enchanted forest' (autumn only), knockhill racing circuit, stirling castle

go to any of the town in the borders and travel around...hawick, selkirk, kelso..etc...

i'll think of a few more, but if your looking at anything please ask

oh, almost forgot something special, around about 17th September every year there is the royal air show at leuchars...truly amazing....red arrows...spitfire and b52 in flight....raf tornado flying a few feet from runway (which is 100ft away) then straight up to 10000ft from the end of the runway and straight back down again

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
good question....

places to go

edinburgh for a busy touristy time...i like the castle (has the scottish crown jewels there)

avoid cities of dundee (horrible place with nothing in it), glasgow (industrial centre of scotland)...

nice places are of the towns in the highlands, but beware the prices are inflated for tourists... i like glencoe, fort willian, loch ness (never mind the monster its a beautiful place), fort george, inverness and surrounding

some nice attractions are 'the enchanted forest' (autumn only), knockhill racing circuit, stirling castle

go to any of the town in the borders and travel around...hawick, selkirk, kelso..etc...

i'll think of a few more, but if your looking at anything please ask

oh, almost forgot something special, around about 17th September every year there is the royal air show at leuchars...truly amazing....red arrows...spitfire and b52 in flight....raf tornado flying a few feet from runway (which is 100ft away) then straight up to 10000ft from the end of the runway and straight back down again
Scotland is in my top 5 places that I want to visit. Just not sure about the food... :uhoh:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store