Continuous RAOK!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.key

circumambulator
Dec 30, 2007
I'll take the offer from Duke and put up cuttings of Ludwigia arcuata and globulosa, rotala indica, (red and pink) some HM (semi-carpet), some frogbit(floater). If you are looking to try some things for variety here you are. There will be at least 2 stems of each (depends on the next trim sort of idea)

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
What the heck I'll give it a shot.

To offer, I have some Crypt. wendtii (green I think), water sprite, anacharis, and I'll throw in a few dozen pond snails and/or ramshorns if you want (you'll probably end up with them anyway), some java moss, and a small moss ball (~1" dia.) Call it $6 for shipping.

duke33

Hillbilly MFKer
Dec 3, 2007
central WV
I'll take the offer from Duke and put up cuttings of Ludwigia arcuata and globulosa, rotala indica, (red and pink) some HM (semi-carpet), some frogbit(floater). If you are looking to try some things for variety here you are. There will be at least 2 stems of each (depends on the next trim sort of idea)
mr.key now has the floor. I hope this catches on better in the future. Duke

StereoKills

Hey intern, get me a Campari.
Sep 10, 2007
Ithaca, NY
Actually, I believe sploke took that already:

What the heck I'll give it a shot.

To offer, I have some Crypt. wendtii (green I think), water sprite, anacharis, and I'll throw in a few dozen pond snails and/or ramshorns if you want (you'll probably end up with them anyway), some java moss, and a small moss ball (~1" dia.) Call it $6 for shipping.

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
guys lets keep the chit chat to the minimum.. lol this thread already got 5 pages and only 3 deals have been made..

The current offer is by Sploke
I have some Crypt. wendtii (green I think), water sprite, anacharis, and I'll throw in a few dozen pond snails and/or ramshorns if you want (you'll probably end up with them anyway), some java moss, and a small moss ball (~1" dia.) Call it $6 for shipping.

saganco

RIP my precious kitty baby
Oct 29, 2006
Colorado
Not to sound critical of any of the deals going on here, but folks need to realize that this is not a "how cheap of a product" or "how small of a portion" can I manage to get by with for a trade forward. We need to realize that we need to give back to the forum at least as much value as the preceeding offer, if not more. If you guys want to see how it's SUPPOSED to work - go check out the thread at planted tank - here: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/swap-n-shop/61240-continuous-raok.html (start at the beginning...)

If offering plants, they try to offer either very large portions, or plants that are unusual and hard to come by. The point of "random acts of kindness" is exactly that - KINDNESS. We're not supposed to just "get by" - we're helping others with the hobby. Please don't take this as criticism, let's just spruce up the thread here or it will die on it's own from lack of interest in mundane and commonplace/cheap items. I'm sorry to sound unkind and don't mean to - but this is just not what I had in mind when I donated the first item to get the thread started. I wanted something that will truly help others!

herefishy

AC Members
Feb 7, 2008
Saganco is so very correct here. But, it shouldn't just pertain to the RAOK. I buy alot of plants via forums, plantgeek, PTF, here...... Getting ample potions and high quality should be the the standard. When I send out plants, I use the rule, "would I pay this much for that plant or that group of plants". You should also figure in the shipping charges. Many has been the time when I have left my lfs empty handed because I felt that the deal wasn't there. I didn't feel I was getting my monies worth. You've all been there.

These folks are your friends, brothers and sisters in the hobby. Some are very experienced, some are just starting out. Further the hobby, push it forward by showing your generosity, kinship, and love for fishkeeping. It's not about getting a good deal, although there will be some great ones come through the RAOK, I'm sure, but make it a better deal by continuing to be generous. The future of the hobby depends on what we do now and how we promote it. How we further it by our generosity and teaching.

'nuff said. Sorry if I hijacked the thread. Just needed to get the message out.

mr.key

circumambulator
Dec 30, 2007
I think this also needs to become a "cultural" thing on this board. We will all start to have things that instead of throwing out (and I've thrown out good stuff like CFL bulbs etc. that I couldn't give away and didn't want to bother to sell) we will wait our turn to put here.

That's why I put up what amounts to the remains of one large trim, it's what I had and it fulfilled what was being asked for. I feel the small amount comment is for me (thank you, much appreciated), obviously I will be giving as much as I can and I hope that sploke will be happy with what he gets.

I posted to keep it moving, instead of criticizing show us how its done. It will take time before we have all adjusted to this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store