WTH are these 2 snails doing!? Killing each other?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dafferspup

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Royal Oak, Michigan
You ordered the reptical?
Yes. I ordered the Reptical. And while at work today, I spotted a reptile shop and so stopped in there and bought another jar of it. So, I made the snail jello when I got home.

I picked up Gerber Green Beans. OMG! Let's just say that I have not seen anything that color and in that consistency since my nephew's diapers when he was 4 weeks old! Good GAWD!

Anyways, hopefully in a few hours, I will have my first batch of snail jello. Mixing in the gelatin was a you-know-what!

Hollygirl

Overfilter and Understock
Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
Making snail jello is very rewarding; you will love the response you get from your aquatic friends.

dafferspup

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Royal Oak, Michigan
I scraped off the sides of the dish, made a little rubbery ball with that, and put it in the tank. I set a Nerite on it and he is going to town! So are my German Blue Rams. And they are supposed to be sleeping. I just checked again, and there is a circle around it. Snails, Otos, German Blue Rams and one Denison Barb...they all can't over eat can they? And this stuff isn't going to mess with my water parameters is it?

Hollygirl

Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
I scraped off the sides of the dish, made a little rubbery ball with that, and put it in the tank. I set a Nerite on it and he is going to town! So are my German Blue Rams. And they are supposed to be sleeping. I just checked again, and there is a circle around it. Snails, Otos, German Blue Rams and one Denison Barb...they all can't over eat can they? And this stuff isn't going to mess with my water parameters is it?
If you got that kind of response (told you- LOL) your water should be fine. As long as they eat everything. If there is anything left by morning, take it out and dispose of it before it goes bad. All my inverts and fish LOVE snail jello, and it's fun it mix up the flavors.

dafferspup

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Royal Oak, Michigan
So I guess lights out is when I should put the snail jello in the tank since that is when ALL of the snails are most active. I also currently have a chunk of zucchini in there for the Pleco's as today was water change day and I always stick a chunk in there right after. And needless to say, snails, otos and hillstream loach, and plecos are on that right now.

Hollygirl

Sep 3, 2007
Chicago, Illinois
So I guess lights out is when I should put the snail jello in the tank since that is when ALL of the snails are most active. I also currently have a chunk of zucchini in there for the Pleco's as today was water change day and I always stick a chunk in there right after. And needless to say, snails, otos and hillstream loach, and plecos are on that right now.
Sounds good. What I do is remove anything that might be leftover in the morning, and I have never had a problem. I have 3 tanks devoted to snails and shrimp and have never had any water quality issues. I also have found that my snails love pea flavored baby food. :)

dafferspup

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Royal Oak, Michigan
AND, here it is! My first batch of SNAIL JELLO!

In the tank waiting for munchers to come along.

DSCN0520.JPG DSCN0496.JPG

dafferspup

AC Members
Feb 23, 2009
Royal Oak, Michigan
I just have one last question....how often do I feed this to the snails?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I just have one last question....how often do I feed this to the snails?
I hadn't done any snail jello lately but before, I feed them every other day. I have over 200 snails.lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store