C.S.I.S. my foot !!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
actually, there is no proven fact that "paranoid schizophrenia" is something you are born with. Paranoid Schizophrenia is something that "shows up" in a person when they are around their 20's of age.... sometimes sooner, sometimes later....
Agree with DD. On my psych rotation in the state hospital (sickest of the mentally ill patients), I learned it can be triggered by a stressor and many suffered horrendous abuse as children. Not something they're necessarily born with (though there is certainly a genetic component), all sorts of environmental factors come into play. Many of our schizophrenic patients had perfectly normal seeming lives, then some stressor caused a psychotic break. It can come on gradually or happen suddenly.

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash
actually, there is no proven fact that "paranoid schizophrenia" is something you are born with. Paranoid Schizophrenia is something that "shows up" in a person when they are around their 20's of age.... sometimes sooner, sometimes later....

I agree with you here DD, perhaps "born with" is the wrong phrasing. My point was merely that it is not related to the immune system...or not that I was ever taught in any of my psych rotations. It is indeed something that shows up as a psychotic break usually around 20's or later. I just meant that while a person may go through some psychosis while extremely ill, paranoid schizophrenia is not something that would pop up due to the immune system being lowered. :)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Thanks for the info, DD and Ash....even more evidence and logic to confirm my complete angleicness.

The Fish Junky

M.A.N. Community Vendors
Mar 13, 2010
Jersey
I cannot believe I actually read all of this. Chef-plain and simple man,it's your father in law messing with you. It's all just a joke.He is the only one,according to your stories etc that could in any way at all even know all of the events that happened to begin with,right down to where you keep your boots.Laugh it off and call it a day.
Not cool on stating his full name and a disorder etc though.That was meant for you and you should keep that private.You should ask a mod to edit that out for you.
Just my opinion........

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
What the heck is a jabronie? :huh:...... Nevermind... I'll google it. I hope I'm not too embarrassed.:eek:

mel_20_20

AC Members
Sep 1, 2008
Deep in the heart of texas
OK... Jabronie.... "noun - someone who is about to get owned. -adjective used to decribe a person or action lacking judgment or sense." Urban Dictionary

whew... that wasn't too bad, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store