CONFESSION! I FLUSH FISH!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishTank719

AC Members
Apr 25, 2010
HA, i think if it is ok by your standards then its ok. as to what i do its my business and i tihnk everyone else should follow this.

Industrial

AC Members
Oct 29, 2009
Buffalo, NY
I use baking soda to euthanize sick fish. I put in a ton at once and it's instant lights out. Then I cut their head off in case they are only unconscious.

When culling fish with birth defects, I feed them to my one belonesox belizanus. He eats anything.

If a fish is dying for unknown causes and doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain, I let it die in the tank and take it out as soon as it's dead.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
Why not "humainly" kill them with a plastic lego boat?
:hypnotized:... ::5 minutes passes:: ...:D you must have a lot of legos. :hi: can i play?

steffish

AC Members
Apr 18, 2006
Interesting.

"Hamburger Helper" -I nearly wet myself!

RobertsKitty

AC Members
Jun 17, 2010
I came back to this forum after a long absence and immediately see this thread, which reminded me of why I left in the first place.

Just because fish can't 'solve an equation' is no reason to cause them unnecessary suffering. By that standard, you'd flush a person with Down's syndrome.

Going away again now. For a much longer time.
Seconded. I'm off to find a different forum. One where people actually respect the animals they take in. Just because fish can't scream when you hurt them doesn't mean they can't feel pain. Where I come from you take care of animals and don't off them at the first signs of sickness.
I'm so glad I'm not a new keeper stumbling on this and learning that its ok to flush the 'suffering' I have 3 bettas that were dieing when I got them. I spend $3 each on them and $20ish on the meds. 5 years later they are great. Next time I'll just flush them and save myself the money.
Better yet my first goldfish rescued off the floor of a petstore. I spent a dollar on him and $15 curing the ich from the tank he'd hopped out of. He spent the first week 'suffering' on the bottom of his tank. Now hes over 7" long and the ruling fish on my goldfish tank but obviously I should never have bothered to spend any more money on him and just flushed him down the john because he was sick for a few days.
All my animals are rescues who have come with some kind of illness. I spent no money rescuing my dogs getting my 3 dogs who were starving and worm infested. I obviously should have run them over with my car rather than spend any money to help them live the lives they could have so easily lived with just a bit of cash.
While I'm at it my niece was suffering in the hospital the other day I should have just had them shoot her. Hell she has asthma shes going to suffer her whole life so we might as well kill her now and end her 'suffering'. :angryfire:
I have never seen such an egotistical post before in my life. Just because they are 'cheap' we can play God and decide who gets to live and die. Just a reminder, while 'fish are just fish' they are still living creatures. Just because they were cheap to purchase doesn't mean they are decorations that can be thrown away at your disposal.
Time for a nice long hiatus from this forum. Maybe when I get back people will actually care about the animals they bring into their houses.

Last edited:

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Seconded. I'm off to find a different forum. One where people actually respect the animals they take in. Just because fish can't scream when you hurt them doesn't mean they can't feel pain. Where I come from you take care of animals and don't off them at the first signs of sickness.
I'm so glad I'm not a new keeper stumbling on this and learning that its ok to flush the 'suffering' I have 3 bettas that were dieing when I got them. I spend $3 each on them and $20ish on the meds. 5 years later they are great. Next time I'll just flush them and save myself the money.
Better yet my first goldfish rescued off the floor of a petstore. I spent a dollar on him and $15 curing the ich from the tank he'd hopped out of. He spent the first week 'suffering' on the bottom of his tank. Now hes over 7" long and the ruling fish on my goldfish tank but obviously I should never have bothered to spend any more money on him and just flushed him down the john because he was sick for a few days.
All my animals are rescues who have come with some kind of illness. I spent no money rescuing my dogs getting my 3 dogs who were starving and worm infested. I obviously should have run them over with my car rather than spend any money to help them live the lives they could have so easily lived with just a bit of cash.
While I'm at it my niece was suffering in the hospital the other day I should have just had them shoot her. Hell she has asthma shes going to suffer her whole life so we might as well kill her now and end her 'suffering'. :angryfire:
I have never seen such an egotistical post before in my life. Just because they are 'cheap' we can play God and decide who gets to live and die. Just a reminder, while 'fish are just fish' they are still living creatures. Just because they were cheap to purchase doesn't mean they are decorations that can be thrown away at your disposal.
Time for a nice long hiatus from this forum. Maybe when I get back people will actually care about the animals they bring into their houses.

:eek: Wow. :rolleyes:

:hi:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store