Mafia 78- The Gunslinger Returns...The Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Chill

Seasons Greetings
Jun 16, 2005
Newfoundland, Canada
Sorry Wiz weekends are extremely busy for me so don't know how much I can get on but will try to be here this evening. Right now I have feelings on a couple of players with nothing to substaniate them. I will look to build on those feelings and share them when I get back on. I don't like sharing baseless hunches this early because they may not be right.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
OK, skip what I said about tipping off the scum. Two things have changed my thoughts on this.
1) I have tried to sit back and just read what you guys have posted, while I did get some good thoughts I just can't play a passive game.

2) If I miss, the next slinger can benefit by combining my thoughts and reasoning with their own.

Am I reading something wrong? You said you hope he gets 5...from the way I read it there are 4...(A, B, C, and D)?
LG, Let me ask, were you skimming because you just do that normally or did you really NOT need to know that LR told us there were 5 on the scum team because you know who they are?

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
FF, you caught my attention early with your thoughts that I was chosen at random. Combine that with as was posted, that you left without much of an explanation of why you needed to go to bed early. Not like you at all.

Also not like you is the fact that you are not posting much. While I am not asking you to fill the thread with a bunch of nonsense, it seems as though you are laying low.

There are two reasons for this. Which is it?

Trying to change play style?

Trying to hide so I cannot get a read?

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Salt and Pir, we are over 16 hours into the game and neither of you have posted.

Two points I would like to point out.

1) This is not the format to hide in, it can make a target of you very quickly. If scum, you will die.

2) We are facing 33% scum. If an innocent is targeted, we lose a valuable body numbers wise, if you UD we lose a valuable body numbers wise.

We cannot afford to lose any innocents.

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Hello hello!
UN wasn't scum that game. It was just Lab, Pir and me.

I don't know why they would pick you Wiz. Only person off the top of my head is Kashta but that would seem slightly obvious, wouldn't it?
Where are you Tay?

I would think that you would want to be more helpful than this.

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Ok... just got home and trying to get caught up. It's been a long day, so I'll try to make as much sense as I can.

I think Wiz was chosen because his instincts are good, and first shooter is the toughest position to be in. I also think that if even 1 member of the scum team was in the last game, there is no way in hell that they'd give it to Ice.

I would have chosen Ice or Kash as the first slinger. They're the one's I'd want out of the way ASAP. Also, I wouldn't have chosen Wiz because we always seem to suspect each other, and I'd be afraid he'd shoot me first. :grinyes:

Ice, you seem to be contradicting yourself in this post. It's better for Wiz to ask his own questions, but you seem to have no problem taking the role of town spokes person...

I agree with Chill's assessment here. FF always bears watching, but it's just so hard to tell, especially early.
We do tend to watch each other closely. So tell me, should I call you out at sundown for a showdown?

Why?
Why not?

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Where are you Tay?

I would think that you would want to be more helpful than this.

Hey Wiz, have had a busy couple of days since we had a garage sale. I don't want to sit around the computer much at the moment but I'll be back in about 2 hours when my husband goes to work. I'll answer any questions then.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Itsa little early for a list. What about Rich's posts seem scummy to you? (Ie: seems off, gut, facts,slips, ext...)

<snip>

My thought on who is scummy... LG (didn't help, skimming), Ice(moot discution, overly helpful), Haydn24(pointing our helpfulness.
Does this seem contradictory to anyone or is it just me?

the wizard

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
Does this seem contradictory to anyone or is it just me?
It is contradictory, as his lack of posting is contradictory to his character.

What really sticks out is that in a normal format, we have a lot of posts. Granted there isn't much content in them as there is little to go on D1 but they are there.

This game we need the town to post and we get squat.

It makes me wonder if everyone understands this format.

People, there are only 2 ways to die in this game.

1) you are mafia scum and the slinger shoots you

2) you are the slinger and target an innocent

I ponder the game when I am away from my computer. I need something to ponder before I take a break and start other things I need to do.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Scary thought is he gets the gun if he is not scum.
Don't give the scum any ideas.

What do you mean here, FF? I don't get what you're saying with that reply.

Rich saying you get the gun if you're not scum is a scary thought. That seems clear enough to me. He wouldn't trust you with it. Whether that was a serious post or Rich just being funny, it is kinda funny. You joke around yourself about FFing this and that too.

But you saying not to give the scum any ideas means what exactly? The scum already made their only pick by choosing Wizard and they have no control over who gets it next. What difference does make, then, whether the scum get ideas or not? Does that hurt you? Or does that hurt the town? That isn't necessarily the same thing.

Your reply to Rich's off-hand remark (as I interpret Rich's statement to be) suggests you seem concerned someone (perhaps Wizard?) might shoot you and you won't get the gun.... meaning you would die instead because you're scum. I'm more inclined to believe an innocent wouldn't concern themself about getting shot by mistake since that gives them the opportunity to shoot someone else they feel is more suspicious.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store