Mafia 100-The Witches Return-The Game

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

[AC] wing nut

ippity bippity boop
Mar 4, 2008
ACville
All day I've been thinking about HHs gut feeling. I get gut feelings and wish I had followed them a lot of times. My only concern is if Wiz and HH are both innocent we lose both because HH will be lynched next night.
Then I read todays interactions, I have to agree with Nemesis that the case Wiz used is weak. I looked back over Nemesis post,which I called at the time clearing people. After reading again I see it more as a systematic breakdown to which I agree leans Tree more innocent.

I vote to burn Wiz at the stake.

Nem I must have missed your posts fixing your mistake.

[AC] Star-Crossed;2750816 said:
It is odd. If LG hadn't counted the earlier vote I could see correcting the mistake, but since she counted it you would think it was unnecessary to clarify the mistake.
I explained why I fixed it, and I hadn't seen Lady counted it because the tally posted at the same time as my vote correction. post 234 is the explanation

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
[AC] narwhal;2750973 said:
I would vote for Wiz. he has done or said nothing to make me think your case is invalid.
Nar, you've been riding along with HH's case for a while now and haven't said much in that regards other than you agree with it. I'd like to know why YOU think the case on Wiz is "valid" to being with.

I will try to make this coherent.

I have had the finger pointed at me for not even responding to Tree's D1 vote post. To be honest, by the time I saw it, half the town had already pointed out the discrepancy in it and I didn't see what sense it made to repeat one more time that there were several hours between my two posts.

Tree's initial D1 vote. Reads to me like his stated reason for voting was crap. He doesn't like that I complained about the lack of posting and doesn't like the fact that I gave an explanation with my joke vote. He doesn't like that I didn't vote in my first post. (obviously not noticing the difference between the two posts in time) Tree I always wait until the morning of the nightfall to place my vote. You never know if something noteworthy will be posted.

Notice the question in red, yet he makes an excuse for his vote.

Refused to answer a light hearted D1 question as to whether or not he had played mafia before. Yet later in this post you will see him accuse Doom of dodging his question.

He doesn't want to answer if he is a newb or not yet as the quoted posts show, he seems to post like one until his later posts where it appears as if he has played before.

His vote switch, he states that it was because he shouldn't have voted for a vet not using an alias. I don't buy it. He had three votes on him. Firedancer had voted me by then so I had 2. I think he was affraid of me ending up in a tie, losing the coin toss and being accused of leading the charge to get me burned. I think his initial thought was that he knew who I was and wanted to eliminate a sure threat as opposed to eliminating a question as to who would be a threat and who wouldn't.

Here is his D2 vote, again on me but, only after HH has come after me. Starting on me nearly got him lynched. Now he will follow on me (easier to not be in the limelight that way)

The posts above reveal a pattern. HH has come after me and also has been going back and forth with Doom.

Tree has come in, voted me and now is accusing Doom of not answering a direct question. Remember, Tree didn't want to answer whether or not he was a newb.

Also of interest, is that with all the players we have in this game, Tree seems to be following HH's lead. He hasn't been after anyone but me and Doom.

When asked by HH his thoughts on HH's other suspects, he replied he wanted to take it one scum at a time. It looks as if, confident that I will be burned tonight, that he is getting his footing in to set up the next victim.

It took you 3 RL days to realize I didn't reply to what I took to be a random D1 vote? Well I replied now.

I think you have been playing inconsistent. Like a newb, then like a vet, not letting on if you had played before yet coming at me because I wanted to see something after 24hrs of game play.

With as many players as we have, there should have been a lot more posting than there has been. I think most are posting sparingly to not let on who they are.

I also think that you and HH are working together. Your D1 vote was an attempt to eliminate a threat. Instead you almost became BBQ. When my lack of time became apparent, the two of you decided to make it a game plan, eliminate the threat and save your spell for someone else. You two seem to be working together to set Doom up for the next BBQ.

The question is, why did you let HH take the charge this time? Was it because you almost became toast last time? I HH more expendable than you? I think so. When I get burned, you only followed HH onto me so you will not be toasted the next night. I think you are the one that needs to be toasted and we can get your henchman HH the next night.

I vote to burn Tree at the stake
Wiz, on the note of Tree switching votes did you happen to miss the fact that it was a move to save themselves? How about their explanation for choosing Driver? I thought that was pretty well covered in our back and forth. I'm not sure why you are now even bringing up the part about them not wanting to vote you, which I took as an attempt at humor. I don't think it was because they were afraid of voting you.

[AC] Tree_Hugger;2751008 said:
I am going to wait until a little before nightfall to post a suspect list. I really want to focus on Wiz. I got sidetracked a little with Doom, but at least they were posting. I am hoping to not get killed by the witches tonight, but think it would be a good idea to post some suspects, just in case. I think the fact that Wiz is voting for me makes me more of a suspect if he comes up as a witch, which I think he will. I think now it is all about damage control for the witches. There are still lots of non-posters and low-posters. I am surprised that no one has parked a vote on one of them.
It's hard to justify voting for someone who has shown no indication of posting. I wouldn't want a vote to be wasted on a potential UD. That being said if any one of those players show up late and vote then they'll be on my suspect list tomorrow.

[AC] scoop411;2751020 said:
Sorry folks really should have sat this one out. I've read through and while I don't like 100% certainity I don't see voting any way other than to burn Wiz at this point.
[AC] scoop411;2751030 said:
I vote to marinate Wiz in Scotch and light him up like a Christmas tree.
You post that you pretty much aren't going to vote anyone but Wiz...but then wait 15 minutes to post the actual vote. Why?

Another long night with sick kids. I'm hoping to get to a real comp during naptime. For now: <br />
<br />
I still think that Wizard's second post was odd, and felt off for a day 1. <br />
<br />
I also think that unless gameplay has changed dramatically since i played last setting someone up on day 1 is kind of pointless, ss day 1 is often ignored altogether after a nightfall or 2. <br />
<br />
Has Gunslingrr been back since the disaster that was night 1? The 1 post I saw after nightfall screamed scum to me- it was oh no, that sucked, but with no other input. It's just what you expect of someone who gloated in a mafiaden and then popped in to show townie support while planning a next move. <br />
<br />
The spell is concerning, but I've got no insight on it. <br />
<br />
I'll be back later with a vote.
Fire, I'd like to know why you agreed with Tree's suspicion of Wiz on D1. It was more than just the post being "off."

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
www.opheliabreathes82.blogspot.com
Real Name
Brandy
[AC] Hammerhead 991;2750655 said:
That's about the only answer to that question that would have surprised me. Interesting. When my gut is this strong, it's rarely wrong. Wiz is scum.
This feels shady, the whole "gut" thing. The problem is that I kind of agree with you about Wiz, although my thinking is still based on an "odd" day one post.

[AC] Doomsday998;2750663 said:
Maybe you just need some Pepto bismol...
Not addressing the issue at hand, just making a joke. Scummy.

[AC] C-note;2750749 said:
Is it strange to anyone else?

This correction came 3 1/2 hours after the offending post. Nobody in the thread called you out on it but you thought to go back and check your wording anyway? Any reason for that? It looks like LG counted it anyway.
An odd thing to focus on. I fixed my vote, and I assume anyone else would, too. This is a game where people nit pick, and I can totally see votes being challenged jsut prior to nightfall.

[AC] Doomsday998;2750760 said:
Fire, maybe you could explain why you agreed with Tree's vote on Wiz. It doesn't appear that many people did, based off who has actually voiced an opinion.
I didn't like the focus of Wiz's d1 post and vote. I completely missed Tree's "dead thread" musings.

[AC] Hammerhead 991;2750934 said:
Help me lynch the dude and you'll know for sure. No more.doubt.

This post just reeks of scum. it seems to me that.you're saying Wiz is the only one you see a case for but yet you still hesitate. Did he tell you not to vote for him? funny how he totally disappeared after i started coming at him. Not like him at all to not even check in for a whole day. This is a bs post tjat leaves a trail of scum from here all the way to the burning stake.
Again, I thought the same thing after reading the post you quoted. I'm not sure that I like being on the same page as you, but there it is.

[AC] narwhal;2750990 said:
I really hate to agree with someone that obnoxious but I do think that the Wiz is scum.

I see this as Narwhal setting Tree up. Say Wiz does come back innocent - Narwhal points back to Tree, we lynch Tree, and Narwhal plans another witchy attack. Whatever the Wizard may be, I think that Narwhal is witch.

Also, I am unhappy with Gunslinger's post-nightfall "that sucked" post, and then disappearing. I think I mentioned before why it feels scummy.

I think that lynching Wizard is the best way to find out more info. Should he come up townie, we need to separate "townie, talkative" from "witchy, misdirection". Regardless, Narwhal and Gun are on my radar. Hammer is either super-townie, or a pro at fleecing people. I want to follow him, but I remember a game where I felt the same way about Ogre (as in I liked a lot of what was said, but something still felt off) and the town ended up being led astray in a quite spectacular fashion.

I vote to burn Wizard at the stake.

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
Real Name
Brandy
I hate D1 voting. Nothing to go on.

That said, I probably won't make it back prior to night fall as I will be installing the engine back into my truck.

I vote to burn chupacabra at the stake

I just think it is wrong to put antlers on a cat.
Ok, this looks weak, and maybe I'm being played, but it's the "I hate day 1 voting." We all do. It's true, there's nothing to go on. However, everyone else is just going with it and not excusing their votes.

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
This feels shady, the whole "gut" thing. The problem is that I kind of agree with you about Wiz, although my thinking is still based on an "odd" day one post.

Not addressing the issue at hand, just making a joke. Scummy.

An odd thing to focus on. I fixed my vote, and I assume anyone else would, too. This is a game where people nit pick, and I can totally see votes being challenged jsut prior to nightfall.

I didn't like the focus of Wiz's d1 post and vote. I completely missed Tree's "dead thread" musings.

Again, I thought the same thing after reading the post you quoted. I'm not sure that I like being on the same page as you, but there it is.

I see this as Narwhal setting Tree up. Say Wiz does come back innocent - Narwhal points back to Tree, we lynch Tree, and Narwhal plans another witchy attack. Whatever the Wizard may be, I think that Narwhal is witch.

Also, I am unhappy with Gunslinger's post-nightfall "that sucked" post, and then disappearing. I think I mentioned before why it feels scummy.

I think that lynching Wizard is the best way to find out more info. Should he come up townie, we need to separate "townie, talkative" from "witchy, misdirection". Regardless, Narwhal and Gun are on my radar. Hammer is either super-townie, or a pro at fleecing people. I want to follow him, but I remember a game where I felt the same way about Ogre (as in I liked a lot of what was said, but something still felt off) and the town ended up being led astray in a quite spectacular fashion.

I vote to burn Wizard at the stake.
First, I don't see how making that joke is scummy at all. Maybe you can explain.

Second, you specifically said that you had the same thought as Tree did when you saw Wiz's posts. Are you now trying to tell me that you never even saw it?

[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx

Mafia Goddess
Mar 6, 2008
ACville, Greece
Just wanted to go back to something - I was reluctant to focus too much on it because to do so would look a bit revengeful

[AC] C-note;2750776 said:
He was actually quite right you never said that the 3rd vote on Tree was scummy until after you switched your vote. Also, why would you pretend that you didn't know who you 'randomly' voted for? You took the time to link to her profile but when you were called on it it somehow slipped your mind?
But, this post by C-Note lingers in my memory. Its made right in the aftermath of HH calling out Wizard and also while Doomesday is questioning where all the quiet players are. It reads like a distraction strategy.

Anyway along with Wizard & Doomesday who I lean witch, I put C-Note, to a lesser extent.

I previously referenced Narwhal as posting odd and I still think that is true. Certainly they are not contributing anything.

As per previous comment now would be a good time to list some suspects. There is no doubt but that one of the more active townies is going to get the death spell tonight - hopefully a good guess with the protection will come too.

FireDancer7905

I'm in love!
Jul 15, 2006
SJ Bay Area
Real Name
Brandy
[AC] chupacabra;2751077 said:
This entire post is actually rather logical and makes sense, if you go on the assumtion that wiz is evil. However, if he isn't, the entire post is one massive blunder and pile of distractions. I do agree that it seems a little too coincidental for wiz's attackers to in turn be attacked, but then it also seems strupid for witches to be so open and bold, even if Wizard is their High Priest fella. So early in the game, revealing their cards now would be foolish and risky, if he was evil they'd be next. However, if he's innocent, they would probably be leaning innocent on most people's lists, and could say "we tried to help him". My response to this idea is that wizard may well be innocent, but both Wing Nut and Doom could very well be evil, and are leaning as such.
I think that if Wiz shows evil, this (combined with Wiz's vote on you d1) clears you. Unless you're brilliant at misdirection yourself. Now, I'm thinking that maybe the d1 vote on you by Wiz was distancing of team mates, and that somehow Wiz got caught up in the hunt, and now the evils are scared. And this is why I haven't played in so long. Mommybrain strikes again - I can't make up my mind about anything!

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
[AC] chupacabra;2751077 said:
This is the first half of my thoughts so far.

This entire post is actually rather logical and makes sense, if you go on the assumtion that wiz is evil. However, if he isn't, the entire post is one massive blunder and pile of distractions. I do agree that it seems a little too coincidental for wiz's attackers to in turn be attacked, but then it also seems strupid for witches to be so open and bold, even if Wizard is their High Priest fella. So early in the game, revealing their cards now would be foolish and risky, if he was evil they'd be next. However, if he's innocent, they would probably be leaning innocent on most people's lists, and could say "we tried to help him". My response to this idea is that wizard may well be innocent, but both Wing Nut and Doom could very well be evil, and are leaning as such.

I agree with all three of your points here, about how mafia try to vote when they can, especially on day one. I even agree with how your logic implicates wiz, HIIQ, and Doom. However, I also think that you shouldn't write people off simply because they had a somewhat consequential vote on day one. I have to go back and check the voting times, but if there were people who placed a second vote after three votes had been placed on someone else their vote should count on the inconsequential side of this just as much as a first voter.

And what did we learn after you changed your vote, besides the names of 3 now-dead innocents? Your reasons for voting Driver are omgus, low posting, and saying they would change their vote? Only the last one holds any water, IMHO. Especially for a kill vote. However, the last one, that he would be changing his vote, seems logical until you look at the timing. Driver, at that time, still had an hour and 10 minutes to vote.

This post is just so I know where I left off, though I am curious as to why someone would make a post like this, except to up there post count.
Seems like I might as well get your vote now, since it doesn't even matter what Wiz is...

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
[AC] Doomsday998;2751098 said:
First, I don't see how making that joke is scummy at all. Maybe you can explain.

Second, you specifically said that you had the same thought as Tree did when you saw Wiz's posts. Are you now trying to tell me that you never even saw it?
Sorry by "it" I'm referring to Tree's post, not Wiz's.

Mar 4, 2008
The year 2012
Real Name
Nibiru
[AC] xx_Nemesis_xx;2751099 said:
Just wanted to go back to something - I was reluctant to focus too much on it because to do so would look a bit revengeful

But, this post by C-Note lingers in my memory. Its made right in the aftermath of HH calling out Wizard and also while Doomesday is questioning where all the quiet players are. It reads like a distraction strategy.

Anyway along with Wizard & Doomesday who I lean witch, I put C-Note, to a lesser extent.

I previously referenced Narwhal as posting odd and I still think that is true. Certainly they are not contributing anything.

As per previous comment now would be a good time to list some suspects. There is no doubt but that one of the more active townies is going to get the death spell tonight - hopefully a good guess with the protection will come too.
Would you rather I let them slip by? Does it not bother you that there are multiple people who have not posted within the last 24 hours?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store