$1 per gallon tank sale at petco!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

H2Ogal

Betta Be Good to Me
Mar 16, 2010
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Deborah
Just a caveat emptor for those eagerly anticipating the next $1/gal sale at Petco: The quality for their Aqueon glass tanks has really dropped in recent years.

When I bought my 29g last year, the Aqueon I bought at Petco had a tilted side glass. It was siliconed in place at an angle instead of being square to the front and back glass. Figuring that was a fluke, I carted it back to the store — but I went to two Petcos and couldn't find a single Aqueon tank that didn't have the same problem to a greater or lesser degree. On the advice of aparticularly helpful assistant manager (a salt guy with lots of big tanks at home) I ended up buying a Marineland tank from an LFS.

I'm not knocking Petco; I shop there often. But I do recommend that people carefully check any Aqueon tank before money changes hands.

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
When was the next sale?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
The sales cover 10-55 gallons I think (though it could be 10-40) and are random from what I've seen. I think they have them when they get an overstock or somethin. *google it*

BruinsBro1997

AC Members
Dec 12, 2011
California
Real Name
Ben
The sales cover 10-55 gallons I think (though it could be 10-40) and are random from what I've seen. I think they have them when they get an overstock or somethin. *google it*
Yep, 55 Gallons. They have them around every three to four months. Although it could depend on the area you live in. The next one usually happens around mid-June and ends at July.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
When I last bought some at the sale(18mos ago) it was every tank from 10 to 55 gallons, EXCEPT the 15gallon. At least here in N.E. WI the 15 wasn't included.
I remember because when I checked out the total cost was off from my guess-timate and the cashier showed me the full price on the 15. The manager said it wasn't an error, the 15 wasn't included.
I didn't get the 15 that day....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store