Jay's Planted 180g Tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
amazing how fast I went from "what has Jay done?!" (I liked the overgrown look) to "oh, back to wonderful". I thought of you yesterday, I saw a large tank of all buces

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Great looking!

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Nice setup love your layout.
Thank you.

amazing how fast I went from "what has Jay done?!" (I liked the overgrown look) to "oh, back to wonderful". I thought of you yesterday, I saw a large tank of all buces
Thanks. Buces aren't cooperating in my tank except for the B. brownie red that one flowers and puts out a new leaf every two weeks.

Great looking!
Thank you.

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
Here are the pics of the smallest fish in my tank and although most are pretty active the Burmese Zebra Rasbora are the shy ones of the bunch.

Corydoras duplicareus

Burmese Zebra Rasbora

Apisto fry move from the 45g to the 180g figured it may stimulate them to breed again or if they have been this guy won't eat them.

Eight Banded False Barb Eirmotus octozona these guys are just cool looking fish but they aren't much for schooling I don't know if it has to do with the others being smaller but there's usually not more than 4 together there's 8 in the tank. I thinking of going back to Sharks aquarium and buy 6 or so more.

The last thing I have left to do is work out my issue with nana petite boarder I have a little more current in there than it is use to and it's pulling a few of them up. I'm usually pretty quick to find something I don't like with my tank but even I can live with this look for now...LOL

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Stunning as usual, Jay.

Roy, it looks like a nannacara, but I've never seen one with those brilliant colors.

Mark

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
What cichlid is that in the first photo with the Cory?
That big boy is a Apisto hongsloi who unfortunately isn't the dominant male in the tank so the female hongsloi has shacked with the male Apisto macmasteri which I'm not happy with but am not willing to sacrifice either. They are hard to come by locally only seen them once and I bought them as a pair my first female didn't make it this was the second. (My buddy's male had died so I harassed him for his female but he had mail ordered.)

Apisto hongsloi

Domain male A. macmasteri (I bought it as a viejita which I'm told are easily confused) This is him displaying for the female dull color difference from above. I'm told they can cross but there hasn't been any proof of that.

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
That big boy is a Apisto hongsloi who unfortunately isn't the dominant male in the tank so the female hongsloi has shacked with the male Apisto macmasteri which I'm not happy with but am not willing to sacrifice either. They are hard to come by locally only seen them once and I bought them as a pair my first female didn't make it this was the second. (My buddy's male had died so I harassed him for his female but he had mail ordered.)

Apisto hongsloi

Domain male A. macmasteri (I bought it as a viejita which I'm told are easily confused) This is him displaying for the female dull color difference from above. I'm told they can cross but there hasn't been any proof of that.
The body shape reminded me of nannacara anomala. That's a beautiful little guy.
Thanks Jay.

Mark

JAY973

AC Members
Dec 24, 2005
NJ
The body shape reminded me of nannacara anomala. That's a beautiful little guy.
Thanks Jay.

Mark
Thank you. sorry I saw your post after the fact I'll have to look the nannacara anomala up. There's an interesting dynamic in this love triangle the female beats up both males but they both go back and display for her trying to win her affection.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store