Can i Use Well Water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
Hi all,
I have 55 Gallon Tank running from past 2 years which is the home for My Mbuna, Now im Planning to Move them to my other 30 gallon and Add 6 New Discus to My 55 gallon Tank, My Question Here is,I have Been Using the Well Water to all the Tanks from past 6-7 Years with out any problem to any of My Fishes and I have Even Bred the Bettas in the Same Water Can I Use the Same Well Water to My new Discus or do I need an RO unit, I really don't have any info on the Water parameters but I kno the well water which I have is Good,

Pls do let me Kno your Opinions,

Thanks in Advance,

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
take the water in to a local fish store see if they can test it. 99% chance its fine to use. the reason you are testing is you should know the basics about the water. ph.... kh... gh....
I agree but Here in INDIA (City: Bangalore) no LFS will check the Water quality, either I have to Buy a Test kit and Do it Myself and I don want to Spend so Much of Money in Buying a Test Kit, But as per My notice I can use the water with out any Problem,

venugopal

AC Members
Sep 4, 2014
I see no reason why you couldn't use it.
I Thought so,

But it Would be Good to Take Advice from Knowledgeable Guys:

Prevention is Better than Cure I Hope

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
You don't seem to want to listen to good advice. you don't mention what fish you are keeping currently in your well water, nor do you mention if the discus are wild caught or how many generations from wild they are.

the problem with well water is that the parameters are changeable, depending what's going into the ground around you, and depending on how much it rains.

I just assume that the cost of Discus is trivial compared to that of a test kit in Bangalore; Good luck.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
You don't seem to want to listen to good advice. you don't mention what fish you are keeping currently in your well water, nor do you mention if the discus are wild caught or how many generations from wild they are.

the problem with well water is that the parameters are changeable, depending what's going into the ground around you, and depending on how much it rains.

I just assume that the cost of Discus is trivial compared to that of a test kit in Bangalore; Good luck.
Yes he did he said he is keeping mbuna, I just assume that it takes to much time to read what the original post is before posting.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Yes he did he said he is keeping mbuna, I just assume that it takes to much time to read what the original post is before posting.
I guess you're right, I totally skipped over that,

I apologize.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
I agree but Here in INDIA (City: Bangalore) no LFS will check the Water quality, either I have to Buy a Test kit and Do it Myself and I don want to Spend so Much of Money in Buying a Test Kit, But as per My notice I can use the water with out any Problem,
They don't cost much. Look online

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store