Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. G

FREE Green spotted puffer in Toronto.

Thanks for the interest but the puffer has found a new home long ago(almost 3 years ago). So he is no longer available.
  2. G

Java fern care

I believe that all plants should be fed with fertilizer and micro nutrients regardless of type. How much and how often will depend on how many plants you have in your tank, how fast growing they are, how much light you have over the tank and if you use Co2 injection.
  3. G

So, how do you wash your hands before cleaning tanks?

I wash my hands with a plain antibacterial liquid hand soap and make sure that I rinse them very well before I put them in the tank. That salt idea sounds good, I might just start using it.
  4. G

brackish plants

It is my experience that Java fern and Java moss will hang on at a specific gravity above 1.005, mine was at 1.013 but as already mentioned it will not grow or do well at such a high level. I have also found that Anubias nana will quickly start to fall apart as the specific gravity rises.
  5. G

plants on wood?

Most if not all of the Anubias species will attach to wood, as well as Bolbitis heudelotii (african water fern). Hmmm...Glosso will attach itself to wood? Thats news to me.
  6. G

Using KNO3 as the sole source of K+(no K2SO4/KCl needed

Thanks Tom, that was very helpful.
  7. G

Do Freshwater Nerite snails eat fish food?

Hello folks, Does anyone know if freswater nerite snails will eat fish food if they run out of algae to eat? I have looked around the internet for this info but am yet to find an answer. Thanks.
  8. G

Apisto cacatuoides - 7.5ph?

Hey! Cool CB, you got the cockatoos. When did you get them and where?
  9. G

what fish mag do you recomened

My vote is for Practical Fish Keeping.
  10. G

Chlorine - how long to sit water?

Heh heh, I still post there, just not as often since I am busier now. This place used to be my home forum but now I rarely ever post here.
  11. G

Chlorine - how long to sit water?

CB, Toronto water is treated with chloramine. Letting it sit or even aerating it will not break the chlorine ammonia bond for quite a long time. I think it takes a week or more.
  12. G

Are wood shrimp active?

Thank you both for the info. So RTR would you say that I should see them with their fans out most of the time?
  13. G

How fast do red cherry shrimp grow?

Hello, Does anyone know how fast young red cherry shrimp grow? I am thinking about buying some of these but they are only about a quarter of an inch long. How long would it typically take for them to grow out to full or near full size?
  14. G

Are wood shrimp active?

Thanks RTR. I find that my wood shrimp will sometimes sit still for a while, maybe 15-20 minutes while I watch them, without their fans open. Is this normal as well or should they always have their fans out?
  15. G

Are wood shrimp active?

Yes they are also called bamboo shrimp. Hmmm... I have noticed that they are out in the open more when the lights are off. I sure hope that their inactive is normal.
  16. G

rocks?

Marble is safe to use but I am pretty sure that it will harden your water and cause your pH to rise.
  17. G

Are wood shrimp active?

I would like to know if wood shrimp are supposed to be active or not? Mine are quite inactive, they tend to stay in the same spot for longer periods of time, either not moving at all or moving very little. Is this normal or is there something wrong?
  18. G

6.6 wpg lighting mod of Eclipse 3.

Thats a heck of a lot of light. What are planning on putting in that tank? I think it would be too much light for any plant. That even seems like alot of high light corals, but then again I know little about corals.
  19. G

125 All Glass Aquarium Upgrade!

Didn't he used to be 29gJoe a while ago? Or was that someone else?
  20. G

125 All Glass Aquarium Upgrade!

Congrats! You will have to change your name to 125gJoe now, lol :D.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store