Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. F

Tired of your Penguin Bio wheel not spinning?

That crazy! What happens when the battery gets loose and falls into the tank? There was a thread I found when doing a search that tells you to gently sand the "bearings" on the ends of the bio-wheels - this increases the clearance on the bio-wheels bearings that hold the axle ends. I've...
  2. F

What am I ????

Sorta looks like some kinda flowerhorn?
  3. F

:( :( Tropheus Moorii Nkonde (Near) Disaster... :( :(

Sorry to hear of your loss... :( Yeah, I gotta agree that something got into the cooler that you didn't notice. The only variable was the cooler.
  4. F

XP3 Users

20ppm and 30ppm foam pads on the bottom - I think they all come like this brand new. Rena ceramic rings in the middle Rena Bio-Stars on the top with the white pad at the very top I kinda just put them like that cause it was most convenient. :)
  5. F

Strange sight.

One frustrated ram cichlid? :D
  6. F

Do you eat fish?

More raw the better! Sushi YUM!
  7. F

otocinclus or flying fox?

If anything, flying fox or SAE, it's going to get too big for the 5G very quick. These things can get pretty big! :(
  8. F

Yellow Lab tank mates?

What sized tank? If the tank is too small, the yellow labs will harass them.
  9. F

otocinclus or flying fox?

Flying foxes are not true algae eaters. Flying foxes are easily mistaken for SAE (Siamese Algae Eaters, which the name imples are true algae eaters). The flying foxes would do very little to help with your algae.
  10. F

Dead Blue Rams

I think the temp is slightly too high. I had a pair of gold rams that died recently. The only thing I changed was to remove a fan that was keeping the temps down (long story). I didn't change anything else. Temps were averaging 78F. Without the fan, it jumped up to 84F to 86F. The two...
  11. F

Oto deaths

I agree. My last batch of 10 oto's are in 7.6 to 7.8 pH water. My water is naturally 7.6 out of the tap. All 10 have survived for 4 weeks in my QT tank, and I just recently moved most of them into the 60G. So the high pH has nothing to do with the oto's dying. As everyone else said, oto's...
  12. F

I wanna throw an idea onto the table.... Data logger for tank

I think you should start out simple with pH and temp first and see how that goes? I would think most of the other parameters (N-ites, N-ates, NH3, K, PO3, etc.) would not change singificantly from day-to-day?
  13. F

Corydora missing

Yep, I had a panda disappear a few weeks ago. I just thought the other corys (bandit, couple peppers, one other panda) and otos (had about 12 of them - QT) ate the body. :(
  14. F

Wal Mart Fish Question

Bingo... I only go to Wal*Mart cause for some odd reason, the ones down here bring in stuff that you almost never find with the other LFS'. I got a pair of bandit corys, and I could never find more. One died soon after I got it, but the other is still alive in my 10G and is actually the...
  15. F

New otocinclus

I wouldn't worry about sexing them, as I've heard they are very hard to breed?
  16. F

dragonfish

No, I didn't imply it to be condescending or insulting. You inferred it to be. I mentioned the "4 feet" because Candycat21 mentioned a 75G. Even with a 6' wide 100+G tank, I'd still not put something that gets 2 feet in length, especially if it moves around a lot. I don't know what that...
  17. F

dragonfish

Dude, grow some thicker skin. If you got insulted by "advice" like that, you're going to whince when you really get flamed. YOU could've started with a little bit more information. "Dragonfish" is kinda a vague term, and even Xielos thought it was an arowana. The fish you were talking...
  18. F

dragonfish

You need several hundred gallons of water just for ONE. Wow, you got room and money for such a "tank"? The grow to lengths measured in "feet", not "inches".
  19. F

Filstar Xp's Defect and problem

Do you have an idea of what kinda rate we're talking about here? I've had to service the XP3 once already, and the thing was pretty full to the top. I do check the XP3 almost weekly, and I don't see any significant drop in the water level in the canister itself.
  20. F

What can I put with my Labdichromus?

They go from "small" to 3" to 4" in a couple months!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store