Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. Raithan Ellis

30 Gallon Cube - High Tech Planted (Photo /Video Journal)

Day 35: Wednesday, November 29th, 2012 I've gotten a bit lazy updating this blog, but it's time for a quick and dirty update. Stopped using pre-made fertilizers a few weeks ago and bought a ton of dy fertilizers for use, including Miller's Microplex, so I'm mixing my own batches. Drained the...
  2. Raithan Ellis

TFP only carried the H. difformis.
  3. Raithan Ellis

FS FS/FT - Zac: Carbo Plus CO2 System - Downingtown, PA - Free Shipping

Bump! I'm easy to please, anyone got a couple of plants to trade?
  4. Raithan Ellis

Holes in Leaves

5. Raithan Ellis

Yes, that is some rather thick styrofoam beneath the stand. The concrete slab is uneven towards the wall in the basement, and we've had some water on the floor that I wanted to isolate the stand from. In hindsight, it may have been better to use shims and lay barrier film.
  6. Raithan Ellis

I honestly haven't given it much thought yet, this tank is nothing like I had expected due to limited plant availability at That Fish Place in Lancaster. Once everything is established, I may do some limited rock work.
  7. Raithan Ellis

Day 9: Friday, November 2nd, 2012 Checked on the tank, male White Clouds are sparring and pursuing females again. Tested tap water for pH (7.2) and Nitrate (0ppm), tested aquarium for Nitrate (0ppm). Did a hefty dosing tonight with the expectation of a large water change tomorrow if necessary...
  8. Raithan Ellis

Holes in Leaves

I think someone needs some sarcasm glasses. :spam:
  9. Raithan Ellis

Holes in Leaves

Snails. :hitting: Are you feeding the loaches any veggies? Zucchini, cucumber...? If they are hungry, they will sometimes nibble on plants including swords, but typically they are well behaved when fed.
  10. Raithan Ellis

Day 8: Thursday, November 1st, 2012 Removed the Java Moss last night, left a few hidden bits lying about on the bottom. 30% water change, still doing unmeasured dosing visually, bit of this and bit of that. I have yet to bother testing my tap water or tank water. Rearranged the hardware in the...
  11. Raithan Ellis

Day 0: Wednesday, October 24th, 2012 Initial setup, as I was using old substrate from storage, it was treated for 24 hours with KMnO4 and followed up with a 100% water change and gravel rinse. UV bulb for the TurboTwist is possibly bad from previous use or storage. ----- Day 7: Wednesday...
  12. Raithan Ellis

FS FS/FT - Hydor CO2 Green NRG Advanced System - Downingtown, PA - Free Shipping

I will post pictures later this evening. Stay tuned!
  13. Raithan Ellis

Welp, I finally have some time to get back into the hobby again after taking a few years off and decided to focus on what I enjoy most this time around... plants, hardware and chemistry. I've always wanted to do a proper high tech planted setup and am now able to repurpose some of my old...
  14. Raithan Ellis

FS FS/FT - Hydor CO2 Green NRG Advanced System - Downingtown, PA - Free Shipping

For Sale/Trade: Hydor CO2 Green NRG Advanced System, includes new and unused CO2 regulator, bubble counter, check valve and CO2 resistant tubing. Also, this includes the CO2 Turbo Diffuser (used for <2 weeks), essentially a CO2 powerhead/bubble chopper, and an adapter kit for paintball CO2...
  15. Raithan Ellis

FS FS/FT - Zac: Carbo Plus CO2 System - Downingtown, PA - Free Shipping

For Sale/Trade - Zac: Carbo Plus CO2 System, includes controller, power adapter, carbon block holder and a partially used carbon block. I upgraded to a compressed CO2 setup and no longer have a need for this. Great for a smaller tank in the 20-55g range, it does require you to manage KH as it...
  16. Raithan Ellis

looking for suggestions on tank dividers

^ This... if you cut it to fit, you can use silicone or neoprene airline hosing slit down one side, place it over the edgea of the canvas to ensure a tight and slip-free fit.
  17. Raithan Ellis

Lowest cost and easiest way to eliminate green hair, bubble, turf and slime algae

The removal of nutrients via the promotion for growth of algae is treating a symptom, IMHO. The cause I am speaking of is the water chemistry to begin with. This would be most likely be due to unusual source water chemistry, over or improperly balanced fertilization if keeping live plants...
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store