Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. A

will my cons still breed if i just moved them?

Go ahead and put the pot in. It will give the female a place to feel more secure. She will most likely lay eggs soon if not give her a couple of days to get over the move and she will be back to her old self.
  2. A

johanna pikes whith oscar?

Hello Vilhelm, You could always try:) however my guess would be that pike would eventually do the oscar in.
  3. A

Young Convict Cichlids

The fry will be fine until the parents decide to mate again. At which point their previous batch will be considered a threat. So just watch the parents for any mating behavior.
  4. A

salvini(hard to keep?)

Hello Vilhelm, There is nothing special to keeping salvini opposed to any other nandopsis group. In fact due to its relative small size it quite easy to keep. Males will get to be about 6 inches and females slightly smaller perhaps 4 inches... so a 48" tank fine for a pair. They are from...
  5. A

f1 f2 whats does it mean?

It refers to the degree the fishes generation has been seperated from the wild - f0 being a wild caught fish, f1 a fish with f0 parents, f2 a fish with f1 parents, ect...
  6. A

barred/striped citrinellus auction

TTman: www.tangledupincichlids.com I shows the billing address.
  7. A

Background color

The color of the fish is probably dull as a result of being moved to a new tank. Once the shock wears off it will probably color up. If however this is not the case the color is there ask the store what color light they used and buy the same thing.
  8. A

Ceramic tiles for tank bottom

Yes you can just lay the tiles... I did this to one of my tanks to make sure I liked the look (which I did). I later drained the tank and placed silicon between the tiles so that waste would not become trapped. Not that it was hard to vac between the tiles.. I'm just lazy.
  9. A

Angel fish in a 26 gallon hex

Anglefish due to their body shape prefer slower water. However as long as the fish is healthy it should fine in faster water... as long as it isn't overboard.
  10. A

Fish Food - the good, the bad, the smelly

Insects, larvae, and crustaceans would be great. I would avoid the more meater foods such as worms and beef heart. Fresh spinach and lettuce would be great as well.
  11. A

Pics of Black backgrounds needed....

I stand corrected :)
  12. A

Pics of Black backgrounds needed....

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=1253201&uid=732852 Here are some pics of my tank with a black painted background. There is really nothing to it.. If you paint it you really only have to decided if you want to use acrylic or oil based paint. Acrylic is easily removed...
  13. A

oscar with lights on.....is that bad?

No fish really likes bright lights... makes them easy targets. Making the lights dimmer will likely make your guy a little more active. Also why do you have you lights on during the night? Does the fish have a couple of hours of total darkness?
  14. A

Sum of all Fish Tranquility!

jamison, There have been some great advances in high output leds in the past year... You would be suprised at how much light you can get out of them now.
  15. A

slip thanks for the link... *thinks about starting his lighting project over*
  16. A

"Flooded Forest" Aquarium

Hello eesafe, Great choice for a tank setup:P ... similar to what I have done with my 75 gallon South american tank. Personally I would use a large piece of drift wood for the "tree trunk" as artifical stuff usually ends up looking, well, artifical. You could also try making your own...
  17. A

Cheap sand for 75G BW tank?

Your local hardware store or pool supply store... One 50 lbs bag would be enough and should run you 3-10 bucks.
  18. A

LEDs have been around for quite some time... Until the end of 2001 however you could really only find infrared, red, blue, and green leds. Personally I love the things(have never used them in my fish tank however).. you should see my led flashlight collection.
  19. A

Remember that leds are not the same as your normal light bulbs as they do not heat up filament to produce light. LED's are diodes, light emiting diodes :). Diodes restrict current flow basicly to one direction. What makes LEDs neat is that light is produced as current flows through them...
  20. A

Bio-wheels not turning

I believe its a Penguin without the biowheels... BTW I'm with TnC on this one.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store