Search results

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
  1. S

30" long ... thinking of fish

Cupids are pretty too.
  2. S

3 happy stingrays

I use fluvals on all of my large tanks and they work great. I even dropped one once when I was cleaning it and the handle/clamp broke. I duck taped the filter back together and it still runs fine, been about seven or eight months now. You can use a prefilter on the intake if you have a...
  3. S

3 happy stingrays

There is a search key on the forum, type in the keyword and it will look up all of the threads with that keyword. Here is the link.http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9367&highlight=sting+ray Look in to used tanks. There should be a good supply in DC. I...
  4. S

3 happy stingrays

There was a member here with a great ray tank. I can't remember his name but he had a site with descriptions and blueprints of his filtration system. Try searching the forums for the key word rays.
  5. S

ro water

I used to use straight RO water and it ended up in a horrible case of bioacidification. My ph dropped from 6.8 to five in a day. I did twenty percent water changes weekly on the tank which isn't great maintenance but it isn't horrible either (I now just use tap and do forty weekly). The KH of...
  6. S

30" long ... thinking of fish

I agree. A planted tank would be nice with the dwarves. I just got my first planted tank going and it really isn't that hard. Again I agree that a 20 long is a great tank.
  7. S

ACA Member

Okay, I have been a member for about three weeks now and I have received nothing in the mail. No thank you for your money no stickers or pamphlets or anything else like I have gotten when I joined Jeep clubs. If you read this Mojo it might be something to look in to, just a simple form thank...
  8. S

Festae or Urophthalmus

You must have a different list because that fish is not posted on his site. Googled it and it is a sweet looking fish. From Panama. Isn't that Central America? How bad is my geography?
  9. S

Festae or Urophthalmus

No there are no other amphilophus from SA listed there. I believe festae are the only ones. Why did I go to that site......now I need a new tank!
  10. S

Decorating Naturally

I am really in to the natural look (unfortunately no pictures sorry). It is very cost effective too. I have spent more on the two plastic plants in my 150 than all of the rocks. I find it quite pleasing to build all of the caves and rockwork for the festae. It reminds me of building forts as...
  11. S

Festae or Urophthalmus

This is true. Festae are also Amphilophus, the only species from SA I believe.
  12. S

Suggestiond for 125g Central American

Yeah read the title genius. Sorry none of my suggestions are from Central America.:rolleyes:
  13. S

Suggestiond for 125g Central American

How about a pair of wild oscars along with some of the smaller fish you already mentioned? Or a couple of syno's and maybe some nice target/dithers. A couple of pairs of satanopercca.
  14. S

Festae or Urophthalmus

Definately Uropthalmus. Also the most current classification is Amphilophus Festae not Cichlasoma. Festae will show bars when kept alone depending on the sex. Males loose them and females keep them.
  15. S

Dosage help, I suck at math :)

10 gallons=1280 ounces 56 oz= approx 1/23rd of ten gallons Add 1/23rd of 16 oz or .7 ounces Three tablespoons in a ounce. Two tablespoons would be two thirds or .66 or approximately .7 HTH (And hope I'm right)
  16. S

Help....Just bought an oscar.....

Some people use lights from Lowes etc. I prefer the higher priced aquarium bulbs (higher priced at about ten bucks) because the spectrum shows off the color of the fish better. I don't think the fish really care though. Try the trichromatic, I like them, I think they are like twelve bucks at...
  17. S

Help....Just bought an oscar.....

Again your oscar is probably just adjusting. I would try RO water, it is the easiest way to bring down the ph. Try a 70/30 mix with tap. Driftwood will have little to no effect in a pH that high as I assume your KH is high too and will buffer out any effects the tannins might have. (Tannic...
  18. S

Cichlid scratching itself on gravel, etc

Before medicating have you checked the obvious? You say your tank just finished cycling. Are you sure? A rise in ammonia levels can cause gill irritation which will induce flashing. I think testing your water parameters should be the first step before medication.
  19. S

Carbon and Salts

I am by no means an expert but I would like to note the difference that some people are typing absorb and some adsorb. Adsorb is the correct term when talking about carbon.
  20. S

A question about tank water...

Along the same lines the two boxwoods (closest to the front door) have markedly outgrown the ones further away. And the tomatoes by the backdoor are doing much better than the ones in the back of the yard. This is where I dump the tank water of course.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store