Suggestiond for 125g Central American

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rare Cichlids

I'm In Bloom
Dec 2, 2000
Visit site
I was at the ACA convention. There were some nice fish there. I've never kept Lyonsi, and don't think I want keep one in this tank, although I may try it in another.

I have a few barred Midas. And might move the largest male to this tank. But I don't know. I have a specific Labiatum that I might move to this tank. He's barred but has mottled pink all over him, like he's in the middle of his color change. But he's a couple years old and has been like this for a while, so its permanent. But I'm not sure if he is in show condition. I think he may have had a couple pectoral rays broken.

Rare Cichlids

I'm In Bloom
Dec 2, 2000
Visit site
The barred Labiatum is F1 and is gorgeous. His coloration is very unique. He's 8"+ and has been consistantly breeding with an F1 yellow Midas for several months.

scott

AC Members
Mar 12, 2003
Georgia
Visit site
How about a pair of wild oscars along with some of the smaller fish you already mentioned? Or a couple of syno's and maybe some nice target/dithers.

A couple of pairs of satanopercca.

Rare Cichlids

I'm In Bloom
Dec 2, 2000
Visit site
It was still a good suggestion, Scott. Thanks for your time anyways.

peifc

AC Members
Jun 18, 2003
New York
www.peifc.com
Originally posted by Rare Cichlids
The barred Labiatum is F1 and is gorgeous. His coloration is very unique. He's 8"+ and has been consistantly breeding with an F1 yellow Midas for several months.
Ok...I just want to make sure...we are talking about Red Devil (libiatum), right?

If you meant the Barred Midas (cintrinellus), then I have seen it :D

Rare Cichlids

I'm In Bloom
Dec 2, 2000
Visit site
Yes, a barred Red Devil. He is hybridizing with the Midas. I've saved a few, but most are eaten by the male Nicaraguense, Tuba, and Zonatum in their 500g. I could separate this male into the 125g with a female wild Labiatum (orange) and try to breed them and get more barred Labiatum with his patterning.

But I have a few adult barred Citrinellus also.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store